Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am embarassed..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-embarassed-t57483.html)

ConnieF 08-02-2010 03:43 PM

HI Otis,
You have a wonderful machine And I am so glad to hear it is sewing so wonderful for you as they all do. I would love to have that machine, but I already have 4 Vikings. I have had 7 of them and still have 4. You will LOVE it the more you sew on it. Just make sure you hear that little snap or click when threading it... you will do fine...
ConnieF

lalaland 08-02-2010 05:31 PM

I sewed on my Kenmore Elite for nearly 20 years before I realized that I had been inserting the bobbin in with the thread going in the wrong direction. It had it's little glitches but I figured it was just one of those things and for the most part it sewed great. DUH!!!!!!

With the old Coats and Clark thread, with those darn slits cut in the top to hold the thread tales, I always put my top spool on so the thread comes from the back vs. the front, that way the thread never got caught in the slit. Never had a problem.

littlehud 08-02-2010 06:17 PM

I have had a few missteps with my Pfaff when I got it. Thank goodness those ladies at the shop are so nice and patient.

earthwalker 08-02-2010 06:18 PM

You are not alone....

Jingle 08-02-2010 07:03 PM

I always read instructions and follow the example in the manual. I do have to refer to it several times until I get it memorized.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-02-2010 07:08 PM

Oh....your not alone!! But have to make errors, sew we can be Happy when something works !! :)

CarrieAnne 08-02-2010 07:37 PM

Your diffinatly not alone!

Rusty's Mama 08-02-2010 08:24 PM

I bought an 875 Sapphire several months ago. I also have a 545 Lily - I love both the machines. When I was looking for the Sapphire I knew I wanted to stay with Viking; when I got the machine home and out of the box - it took awhile to figure out how to lower the pressure foot! New technology!!!!

Originally Posted by 0tis
:oops:

OMG - I have been threading my machine wrong since the day I picked it up. On top of that I wasn't inserting the bobbin correctly. I called the dealer where I bought the machine and they went step by step with me. I am so happy that it sews like a dream now and so I am passing this on to anyone else who may make the same mistake. I feel like a boob but I am happy that my machine works great.
BTW, my sewing machine is Husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 875Q. Now I am sew happy..... :D

nicky 08-03-2010 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis
:oops:

OMG - I have been threading my machine wrong since the day I picked it up. On top of that I wasn't inserting the bobbin correctly. I called the dealer where I bought the machine and they went step by step with me. I am so happy that it sews like a dream now and so I am passing this on to anyone else who may make the same mistake. I feel like a boob but I am happy that my machine works great.
BTW, my sewing machine is Husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 875Q. Now I am sew happy..... :D

I did the same thing and at my machine quilting class my teacher set me right but it was working fine the other way too. Go figure!

quiltin mimi 08-03-2010 04:00 AM

I was putting my bobbin thread in so it was turning the wrong way for quite some time after I got my Pfaff. Learned in a quilting class that I was doing it wrong. I was so embarrassed. Thanks for sharing, everyone. Even though that happened about 4 years ago, I was still feeling a little humiliated.