Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am going to Mary Jo's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-going-mary-jos-t112118.html)

Tink's Mom 03-30-2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
FRIDAY!!!!! I am so excited. DH planned it and he promises to be patient and even carry all of my bolts for me.

Cool! Isn't it great when they do something like this out of the blue?

Holice 03-30-2011 07:36 PM

I will be at Mary Jo's about mid morning on Friday.
Wave from across the aisle.

quiltlady1941 03-30-2011 08:28 PM

Oh my goodness I just went on the web site and looked at the inside of Mary Jo's store.

I have got to take a road trip. LOL

What a great way to spend a day.... Wish I lived closer.. oh well...dream on......

scowlkat 03-30-2011 09:19 PM

I've been there one time! The first day my friends and I went, we didn't spend a dime! We were awestruck! However, we made the "mistake" of going back the next day...well, it was a good thing we were in a van!

One word of advice, if you see something you like, buy as much as you can. I got home and decided I'd like a few more yards of a batik and they had already sold it all!

I am so envious! Hope you have a safe and blessed trip.

Minnesewta-sam 03-31-2011 02:08 AM

Love the place! I'll get to go again in a couple weeks when I am in the Carolinas'. Back by the restrooms, there is a table of misc. deals on fabrics...also there are FQ tables in that area for $1. You may have to ask where it is because you can't see it from the bolt area. Have fun!

mcdaniel023 03-31-2011 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Minnesewta-sam
Love the place! I'll get to go again in a couple weeks when I am in the Carolinas'. Back by the restrooms, there is a table of misc. deals on fabrics...also there are FQ tables in that area for $1. You may have to ask where it is because you can't see it from the bolt area. Have fun!

Thanks for the hint. I hope the weather is better when you get here. We are at the beach and it has been really cold and rainy.

olebat 03-31-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
oh how exciting! I live 2 hours from there and it is such a wonderful place :)

be prepared... they don't have buggies, you have to get a paper slip when you walk in at the customer service counter. You grab a few bolts, go get them cut and put the cuts in a hand held basket. Once the basket gets full - check out, take it to the car - go for lunch and then come back :)

it is an amazing place!

have fun

Had to pass it by last week. :-( (Got a late start on our travel time.) I have several big canvas totes, like boat bags. They hold about 10 bolts each. I keep it on the floor next to me, and just drag and fill. When full, I park it next to the cutting counter, and start on another bag. Hubby stays in the van and sleeps most of the time. When it's too hot to veg out in the van, he brings in his computer and occupies one of the few chairs near the rest rooms. Lots more trips scheduled this spring and summer . . . CU there.

bearlea 03-31-2011 04:36 AM

oh you lucky girl...I love MaryJos..we go a couple times a year on our way to Florida...I have to take a tote box in the truck for all my finds...heheheh...have fund and take a list so you don't miss what you really need..heheheh

redmadder 03-31-2011 04:43 AM

I spent the day there with the quilt guild. How did we get all that stuff on the bus?! AS she said, pea green with envy.

QuiltinMama 03-31-2011 04:56 AM

Wear your tennis shoes and bring a list of what you really need.. because you will get blown away and forget what you originally came for!! I used to live in Huntsville Al and I would load up 4 of my girlfriends and we would drive 8 hours to go to Mary Jos... and stay overnite ... loved every minute..bought enough for 4 quilts at one time and my other girlfriend got her daughter's wedding dress fabric and lace there..we had a blast!
Enjoy! (I am so jealous!)
Hugs
Quiltinmama