Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am a human magnet for quilting gadgets! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-human-magnet-quilting-gadgets-t217742.html)

aronel 03-30-2013 08:37 AM

I must say that I have to agree with you, I love my gadgets.....sewing machines.........fabric.......Uh-Oh......I think I'm in trouble. List keeps getting longer..........

seamstome 03-30-2013 09:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
finished so here's the pics. I didn't do rulers as I have given an ENTIRE set of Ominigrid squares to a friend and I have a few that are out on loan. But I did count THREE add a quarters plus an add an eighth! Guess I was really into paperpiecing!

The one cabinet is in the main room and the other in the walk in

BellaBoo 03-30-2013 10:00 AM

I enjoy trying all the new gadgets and tools for quilting. To me that is part of quilting. One wall of my quilting area has a big pegboard. I can see everything at one time. My guild has some of bah humbug members about gadgets and tools. It never fails they are the first to ask to borrow them when someone else buys them.

Reba'squilts 03-31-2013 03:29 AM

Waiting for the first meeting !!!! In Michigan? Funny Post!

Amythyst02 03-31-2013 03:46 AM

Every morning I come here to find that certain post that will cause me to chuckle a time or two!! This is the one for today. Thanks so much for your entertaining post. Oh and since we are talking gadgets, I am right in there with ya!!

quilttiger 03-31-2013 03:55 AM

Loved your posts and pictures of your sewing room...where can I join for gadget anon???? :D

topstitch 03-31-2013 03:55 AM

You had my sympathy ------ until you sent me to look at the prairie-point thingy. I just ordered two of them, in case one goes missing. WHAT IS A PRAIRIE POINT ANYWAY?

nursie76 03-31-2013 03:59 AM

Am lovin' this post! Remember! Having the right tools for the job makes the job so much easier....ah...at least when you finally get around to said job...and that is if you can find the tool by then... lol! I have at least one ruler I have never opened...oops...2...anyone willing to bet on 3?
Love the pics of your sewing room. What a charming room you have! We are moving in a couple months and I will have the whole one end of the family room for my quilting area. (Well at least that's what I am telling hubby. I may leave enough room in front of the fireplace for him to have a small chair. Tee hee!) So I am very interested in how others organize their sewing areas. Thanks for sharing your journey to your sew room deep clean.

cflykins 03-31-2013 04:57 AM

My name is Cindy, too. I thought I was reading my biography. I have 7 sewing machines, 2 embroidery and a serger in my room which is smaller than yours. Monday it will be 8 sewing machines. My new Janome 8900 is coming to live in the room, also. I'm so excited but have no room to walk in the place!

Boston1954 03-31-2013 05:05 AM

You are priceless!!! Enough wattage to be seen from outer space..... I have more scissors than I need, and two cutting mats. But other than that, I guess I am okay. My sister, who lives next door has enough fabric to be her own shop. Seriously. She gets it by the bolt. Two months ago she gave me about 20 yards of stuff she had fallen out of love with. I guess many of us are that way.