Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-sick-my-quilt-lost-stolen-t115653.html)

Coley Banicki 04-12-2011 03:48 PM

I'm so sorry! I hope you find it!

frauhahn 04-12-2011 03:48 PM

I pray it will be found and delivered to the rightful recipient.

frugalfabrics 04-12-2011 03:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear this - I will pray for your cousin and for the quilt to be found quickly.

jljack 04-12-2011 03:51 PM

Lately when I have ordered things that ship USPS they require a signature/deliver confirmation. I think that is really only the safest way to do it. I have to show ID at the post office if I am not at home to accept it. It's only a couple of extra $$ to get that service....and well worth it if it keeps the quilt from getting lost or stolen!! Our mailman will not leave anything on the porches in our neighborhood...he said that some things ended up missing, so he takes it all back to the PO if he can't get an answer at the door. He's a good guy!!

Sorry about your loss. I know it must be heartbreaking!!

LoriEl 04-12-2011 03:56 PM

So sorry to hear that. Do you have a picture you can post?

Dee G 04-12-2011 03:56 PM

What a heartache, especially as it was for your cousin battling breast cancer. Prayerfully it will show up.

Furza Flyin 04-12-2011 03:57 PM

Do you have a picture of the quilt? If you do, call the local newspaper and see if you can have a picture posted in the lost and found section. If someone did take it and re-gifted it you might get it back that way. Just an idea. So sorry. And I hope your cousin is doing well. Its a difficult battle but much easier with family that cares.

Ramona Byrd 04-12-2011 04:07 PM

I do hope that you find your quilt. That is a sad thing to have happen to a work of love.

That's why I always send stuff so the recipient will have to sign for it. Or else they have to go to the post office to sign for it. At least they get it in the end.

fabric whisperer 04-12-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
Do you have a picture of the quilt? If you do, call the local newspaper and see if you can have a picture posted in the lost and found section. If someone did take it and re-gifted it you might get it back that way. Just an idea. So sorry. And I hope your cousin is doing well. Its a difficult battle but much easier with family that cares.

That's a great idea ~ can you call a local radio station near her that is "talk radio" or something? I would look up her local news stations (like fox, abc, cbs) and those stations should have a website... call them or email them... send a picture, they would probably do a mini story just because of the nature of it!!!

meistarri 04-12-2011 04:14 PM

I feel your loss....a gift shop borrowed one of my quilts for display, and being a generous soul allowed it to go. When time came for the shop to close, my quilt was missing. Lots of stories about where the quilt might be, what happened to it, blah, blah, blah....I know what you mean about insurance and not being able to replace. Sure we can get the monetary value back, but the quilts can never be replaced. Good luck in finding it. Hope it turns up.