Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I bought a book, and the rulers. Where are they? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-bought-book-rulers-where-they-t146265.html)

Greenheron 08-21-2011 12:28 PM

Did you write that? TOO cute!
Yas, I did. Please sing to the tune of O Where, O Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

CAS49OR 08-21-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron

Did you write that? TOO cute!
Yas, I did. Please sing to the tune of O Where, O Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

Funny! I did! to hubby!

BellaBoo 08-21-2011 05:35 PM

I found it! :lol: :lol: :lol: A guild member called me to ask if I'd bring a Go die to a sewday tomorrow so she could use it with her Go. I went to get it and there was my package with the book and rulers! It was sitting in the middle of the rack pretty as you please having a grand old time being with all the dies. The bag was about the same color as the dies so I never noticed it. I don't remember putting it there but I'm sure I moved it out of my way and thought that would be a good spot for now. ;-) DH suggested I put a security camera in my sewing room and turn the tape on everytime I went in so I could play back the tape later and see what I did with stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BellaBoo 08-21-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
A Poem:
Inspired by the Woes and Wisdom of Them Who Lose

Where, oh, where can her rulers be?
Where, oh, where can they be?
They came home in the bag with the brand new book,
Now none at all can she see!

She's searched and dug in the sewing room,
On the chairs and behind the door.
She's moved everything to take a look,
Until she can't look anymore!

Dear BellaBoo's like the rest of us
Who lose things and would like to cuss.
We never put keys right back on the hook
Then rummage the house in a fuss.

We've lost borrowed books beneath the couch
Sent librarians into a grouch.
Paid outrageous fines for a full three months
"I'm sure I returned them!" we vouch.

Offer up prayers to good St. Jude
Or curse the gremlin brood
Beg the family unit for help
Until they are cross and rude.

You'll never see the rulers and book
'Till you get to the last place you look!

I love this! Do you mind if I share it with my guild members? I am framing it and putting it on my sewing room wall if that's okay with you. You are so talented!

debbieumphress 08-21-2011 05:59 PM

SO glad you found it. I still ose things and my room is organized. It's always where I put it.Go figure. LOL

Grannymom 08-21-2011 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I found it! :lol: :lol: :lol: A guild member called me to ask if I'd bring a Go die to a sewday tomorrow so she could use it with her Go. I went to get it and there was my package with the book and rulers! It was sitting in the middle of the rack pretty as you please having a grand old time being with all the dies. The bag was about the same color as the dies so I never noticed it. I don't remember putting it there but I'm sure I moved it out of my way and thought that would be a good spot for now. ;-)

that's called "putting it in a safe place".... so safe you can't even find it

Greenheron 08-21-2011 06:17 PM

So glad you found your package. My mother used to say to me (age has nothing to do with my MIA's)"If it was a snake, it would have bitten you." Please use the doggerel verse in any way you like. Best wishes, Jane

craftybear 08-21-2011 06:28 PM

so happy you found it

that is great news!

I found it! :lol: :lol: :lol: A guild member called me to ask if I'd bring a Go die to a sewday tomorrow so she could use it with her Go. I went to get it and there was my package with the book and rulers! It was sitting in the middle of the rack pretty as you please having a grand old time being with all the dies. The bag was about the same color as the dies so I never noticed it. I don't remember putting it there but I'm sure I moved it out of my way and thought that would be a good spot for now. ;-) DH suggested I put a security camera in my sewing room and turn the tape on everytime I went in so I could play back the tape later and see what I did with stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

grandma sue 08-21-2011 08:02 PM

I'm sure if you go buy them again, they will turn up!

amma 08-21-2011 08:24 PM

LMBO we could all use these security cameras! Glad you found the bag :D:D:D