Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I bought a long arm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-bought-long-arm-t289594.html)

patsan 07-11-2017 02:11 PM

I bought a long arm

I was planning on buying and sort of had my heart set on the HQ Fusion, but I wouldn't be able to fit the 12' frame into my house anywhere. The frame that comes with it cannot be broken down to a smaller size. So it was either nothing or go with the Avante. I will make the frame 8' in size. It's the only way I'd be able to get a true long arm.
A few months ago I had purchased a Sweet Sixteen from my daughter's LQS and quilted 2 throw size quilts (besides practicing). While it was night and day difference from my regular Brother machine, I had too much trouble moving the fabric. I really wanted a long arm and the software to make all the beautiful quilting designs.
It should be delivered next Wednesday. I'm very excited. Now I will still need to swap rooms in my house and move a bunch of furniture around.

Tartan 07-11-2017 02:22 PM

​Congratulations!

indycat32 07-11-2017 02:23 PM

Congratulations. I also bought a sweet 16 a few months ago and regret not getting a long arm instead.

petthefabric 07-11-2017 02:34 PM

Congratulations! I have a longarm. Most everything will fit on 8', 96", except king size and maybe queen. I've been considering getting a sit down. The comments above aren't that good. Maybe I'll try borrowing one.

Again Congratulations!

QuiltnNan 07-11-2017 02:44 PM

congrats on your new machine

tallchick 07-11-2017 02:47 PM

Congratulations !! I have the Fusion and I love it! Handiquilters are really very user friendly and the service and support are fantastic. Did you get the prostitcher too? There are some great Facebook groups for both the handiquilter and longarms too that are wonderful for helping with issues etc..... .

patsan 07-11-2017 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 7862018)
Congratulations! I have a longarm. Most everything will fit on 8', 96", except king size and maybe queen. I've been considering getting a sit down. The comments above aren't that good. Maybe I'll try borrowing one.

Again Congratulations!

Many people LOVE their sit down machines, so please don't go by me. I'm just not a good quilter, so I want a machine that will do it for me!

patsan 07-11-2017 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 7862030)
Congratulations !! I have the Fusion and I love it! Handiquilters are really very user friendly and the service and support are fantastic. Did you get the prostitcher too? There are some great Facebook groups for both the handiquilter and longarms too that are wonderful for helping with issues etc..... .

Great to know you love yours! I do know HQ has great support since I do have the Sweet Sixteen.
I did order the ProStitcher with it. I'm not good with FMQ.
I don't do facebook, but I bet there are some yahoo groups I could join. I'm going to play around with it for a bit, then will go take a few classes.
I bought it from SewingMachinesPlus in CA, and they will fly me out for 2 days classes. They pay for airfare and the classes. Not too shabby. I've never been to CA, and neither has my daughter, so we'll both go and spend a couple of extra days there if it's in the cards.

MarionsQuilts 07-11-2017 03:02 PM

Sweet!!!!! I'm super jealous LOL and envious, and wish I had the money, time and patience to do it!!!! Maybe when I retire!

Enjoy!!!

catsden 07-11-2017 03:36 PM

congratulations. Have fun.