Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I don't mean to offend, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-dont-mean-offend-but-t76746.html)

Jim's Gem 11-16-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
That's what makes this board so wonderful. We all like or dislike different things. I have the bow tuck pattern but have not made one yet. Showed it to my adult daughters and both just loved it and wants one made. I think it is a personal choice. There are some designs of quilts that I dont care for. But wouldnt it be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing and we all made exactly the same item?

You said it sister. I am glad that we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes. It would be an awfully boring world if we all liked the same thing!!!!

Char 11-16-2010 12:29 PM

Me either!! Maybe they should be a separate topic. I never look at them. :?

hazeljane 11-16-2010 12:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.

I agree. I make bags and sell them, based on an old purse I love from the 70's. It tucks up under my arm and is the perfect size for me. I've also been making messenger bags, but I am still fooling with the pattern.

I also make my bags out of vintage barkcloth, which is much sturdier than quilting cotton. I think I would destroy a bow tuck bag in about 2 weeks, just wear out the fabric.

Some of them are really pretty, but they are just not my particular thing.

DebraK 11-16-2010 12:34 PM

nice bags, hazeljane.

Sadiemae 11-16-2010 12:35 PM

I get a kick out the comments that this is a short and fast project. It wouldn't be for me and I am afraid I would be bald before I finished it, and I have a lot of hair.

Quilting Di 11-16-2010 12:36 PM

I made a bow tucks bag. It is too big to fit in the "spot" at work. It is cute and holds a lot, but doesn't hold a lot of interest for me as I live where Vera Bradley bags are made and have carried quilted bags for years and years. I just made the switch back to leather bags about 2 years ago. Still had to try a bow tuck, though. Was fun to make, but not sure how much I will carry it.

roda 11-16-2010 12:37 PM

not a bag person can find mine half the time daughter says i need a really big one that way cannt lose it

nativetexan 11-16-2010 12:37 PM

he,he. i bought a pattern and knew i'd never get to making one so i sold it here. the other day i was in a quilt store and found myself looking at a bow tuck bag they had made up. I told myself to back away!!

mrs theo 11-16-2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
That's what makes this board so wonderful. We all like or dislike different things. I have the bow tuck pattern but have not made one yet. Showed it to my adult daughters and both just loved it and wants one made. I think it is a personal choice. There are some designs of quilts that I dont care for. But wouldnt it be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing and we all made exactly the same item?

Amen : )

kwhite 11-16-2010 12:41 PM

I agree. I don't love them either. I think I might be more of a fan if they didn't seem to be everywhere right now. I seem to go in the opposite direction from the crowd most of the time. It must be a traumatic leftover from beenie baby mania. HAHA