Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I don't mean to offend, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-dont-mean-offend-but-t76746.html)

Mary M 11-17-2010 10:11 AM

All the talk about the Bow Tucks is very interesting. So many seem to dislike them because they are "cute." I must see things differently because I don't think they are cute, just pleasantly usable for different thngs. What I have found is they can be dressed "up" or "down" to our likes and dislikes. Made in denium or even leather they can go well with casual clothes....and I do like my pants and T shirts or Sweatshirts. I have added beads and other things so they have my own unique look. All the people who have seen the ones I have made really like them and said they would use them if they had them. Isn't it wonderful that not everyone likes the same thing. I do know I have had a lot of enjoyment from making them and would make one for anyone that would use one.

ruacajun2 11-17-2010 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
That's what makes this board so wonderful. We all like or dislike different things. I have the bow tuck pattern but have not made one yet. Showed it to my adult daughters and both just loved it and wants one made. I think it is a personal choice. There are some designs of quilts that I dont care for. But wouldnt it be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing and we all made exactly the same item?

I agree with this quote!
And I am not a fan of the bow tuck purses either.
But everybody is different. :lol:

nevrn 11-17-2010 10:26 AM

Please excuse my ignorance, but just what is a bow tuck bag?

Debbie B 11-17-2010 10:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nevrn
Please excuse my ignorance, but just what is a bow tuck bag?

Here's a picture of one of mine...

bearisgray 11-17-2010 10:42 AM

Are the bags called "bow tucks" because of the ties on the sides?

(every time I read "bow tucks" - I think of "botox" )

kittycats 11-17-2010 10:43 AM

I don't care for the bow tucks either but I do like quilted bags

nevrn 11-17-2010 10:53 AM

I think the picture is gorgeous.....guess being different is what makes life interesting. I like it and will probably make one! I particularly like the little pockets inside for organizing your "stuff"!

julia58 11-17-2010 11:07 AM

I love the bags, I make them and use them everyday, I agree that the big one is way to big for a purse, but the mini pattern is just the right size for me and the people I have made them for. We all have different taste and opinions, if anyone wants to pass by my posts on bow-tucks, feel free, I won't get offended. I hope this thread has not offended anyone, I enjoy looking at all the bags that have been posted here, and want to see lot's more of them!

carhop 11-17-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Are the bags called "bow tucks" because of the ties on the sides?

(every time I read "bow tucks" - I think of "botox" )

LOL LOL that is what i though of the first time i read it

dgrindey 11-17-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.

I don't get it either.