Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I entered the local county fair - and won! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-entered-local-county-fair-won-t25261.html)

mysacrifice 09-12-2009 02:20 PM

Hi Eddie, I just wanted to say congratulations on your win! That is a huge deal! I live in Arkansas also. Can you tell me which fair you entered? I have thought about entering the Faulkner County Fair. Again, congrats! Your quilt is beautiful and that pillow is just plain 'ol breathtaking!!

Eddie 09-12-2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mysacrifice
Hi Eddie, I just wanted to say congratulations on your win! That is a huge deal! I live in Arkansas also. Can you tell me which fair you entered? I have thought about entering the Faulkner County Fair. Again, congrats! Your quilt is beautiful and that pillow is just plain 'ol breathtaking!!

Thanks! I live in Benton, and the fair is the Saline County Fair. Today's the last day of it. I think you should enter the Faulkner County one, it's kind of neat being a part of a tradition like the county fair.

mysacrifice 09-12-2009 02:40 PM

Wow, Saline County is a large fair, and tough competition to boot in the crafts divisiont! I would say you deserve a good pat on your back.

Thanks for the info.

AkAngel 09-12-2009 08:16 PM

Congratulations on your wins Eddie, I know it has to be encouraging.
I would really like to see your pieces but for some reason I was able to download or open the pictures. :cry:
Muriel

Lucky Patsy's 09-12-2009 09:01 PM

Thanks for the details Eddie. I am in the middle of doing the wrong side out seams and will then be turning them. Sure hope my pillow turns out as nice as yours!

omak 09-12-2009 09:39 PM

Don't apologize for "small fair", my friend. Out in the country there are some FANTASTIC quilters that can blow your mind in a short while <g>.
The first time I saw a small county fair was in 95 and it was AMAZING!
I could actually spend time looking at things. Actually see everything, and even keep an eye on my kids while I was on the other end of the fair grounds.
It was WONDERFUL! And the talent found therein (Davenport, Washington) was VERY impressive, as is your work.
Good show! :wink:

Sew and Sew 09-13-2009 02:42 AM

Eddie I am so glad you won, you should have. Now see .....those scalloped edges from your tupperware lids came in handy. ha. I would like to know more about the way you put on the binding ..you had called it french something.........thanks....

Eddie 09-13-2009 11:31 AM

I picked up my quilt and pillow from the fair while ago. Below is a pic of them with the ribbons. Someone had asked earlier to post the comments that the judges wrote on the back of the entry tags. They were:

"Nice job"
"Very pretty"
"Quilting is good"
"Love the binding"
"Love the scallops"

When I went to pick them up at the fair, I went up to the lady in the quilting section and told her that I needed to pick up my items and she asked me my name, so I told her. She asked back "Kathy?", apparently thinking I was there to pick up a spouse's items. "No, Eddie." She looked confused a moment, then asked "Are you sure you're in the right section?" I said "Yes, they were quilting items." So I then described them and she found them. It was funny. :)

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ir_2009_01.jpg[/IMG]

Darlene loves Chocolates 09-13-2009 06:14 PM

I love your work!!!!!

I am from a small town in Arkansas....North Central Arkansas.

Trust me, I would like to submit a quilt to the local fair but I AM STILL ON MY FIRST ONE AND IT IS A CRAZY QUILT AND I DID NOT FOLLOW ANY PROPER QUILTING RULES....

I am going to tell all the women in my sewing circle all about you!

Maybe next year, I can submit a quilt to the fair.

Hugs!

omak 09-13-2009 09:00 PM

LOL
SOOOOO funny about your trying to pick up YOUR entries.
No sexism happening there, eh? LOL