Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I entered the local county fair - and won! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-entered-local-county-fair-won-t25261.html)

Ducky 09-10-2009 05:40 PM

Eddie, you must feel so proud!!!!! I know I would. It just doesn't surprise me at all because you do incredible work and have a wonderful eye for color. Congratulations on having someone outside this quilting board truly appreciate your work!

Eddie 09-10-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Congrats! Both of your items are outstanding! I am working on a cathedral window pillow my self. It looks like you turned back the windows by machine. Was that difficult? How big of squares did you start out with? Have you seen the book "Cathedral window quilts " by Lynne Edwards? I have been drooling over her creations!

Yes, I have that book! It's what gave me the courage to try to do it. I was really surprised at how easy turning the windows back by machine was. I just took the stitching slow and it worked really easy. I believe the squares were 8" when I started. Give it a try, it really was fun.

Eddie 09-10-2009 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
A big CONGRATS to you Eddie!! Now that's something to be proud of for sure.

Are you going to enter it next year?

Definately! :)

Eddie 09-10-2009 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Good job Eddy! Now aren't you glad you entered? Time to start planning for next year's fair and find a local quilt show!
I took the big leap in entering a local quilt show, it's next Saturday. I don't think I will win ribbons but I am looking forward to seeing my quilt hanging in a show.
Congrats. PS will you share what the judge wrote??

Yes, I am very glad I entered it now. And I'm glad you're entering a show next weekend, good for you!!!

I'll post the judge's comments here when I pick them up on Sunday after the fair's over.

Eddie 09-10-2009 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by TX_Cutie
Congrats! They're both beautiful.

I loved that pillow - is there a name for how you did the triangles?

It's a cathedral window pattern. The triangles around the edge are where the "windows" on those sides simply weren't turned back open like they were where the "glass" is.

sandpat 09-10-2009 06:43 PM

Well of course you won blues! The quilt and the pillow are both wonderful! Well put together, great eye for color and just plain pleaseing to look at! Yippee for you Eddie!!! :thumbup:

jacquemoe 09-10-2009 08:48 PM

That's a perfectly beautiful quilt. No wonder you won. You're new to quilting???????? Are you sure????

adrianlee 09-10-2009 08:57 PM

Congrats on a great job. Doesn't it just make you feel good down to your toes? Just think what you can do next year to show at the fair.

rdem 09-11-2009 01:39 AM

WOW! I can see why you won :!: :) I love the quilt, the colours are right up my tree :!: It also looks really snuggly, which is a BIG plus in my book. The cusion is really nice i would like to try that pattern when i gain a little more experience. Congrats Eddie :!: :D

lass 09-11-2009 03:59 AM

Congrats Eddie! now it's time to start an archive of your winners as I'm sure there will be more. Your work is lovely. Di