Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I found a different mid arm quilting system while surfing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-found-different-mid-arm-quilting-system-while-surfing-t172749.html)

leatheflea 12-21-2011 07:16 AM

I found a different mid arm quilting system while surfing

http://joparrottquilter.com/system.htm

Never seen this before, don't know anything about it. Theres not to much information on this website, but its reasonable I thought.

NURSELYNN1 12-21-2011 07:36 AM

looks quit interesting and affordable

Candace 12-21-2011 08:49 AM

It's a stretched vintage Singer. I wouldn't pay that much for a stretched Singer....but that's just me.

CoyoteQuilts 12-21-2011 09:19 AM

Looks like another person is getting into the 'stretch' machine business. Don't know the service reputation or if the customer service is any good. If I was in the market for a new Singer that has been stretched I'd go with Quilting Solutions. Their reputation and customer service is the best!

amandasgramma 12-21-2011 09:44 AM

I have some concerns on this.

1) their website is very unprofessional
2) No mention of brand on the sewing machine

Most longarmers look for certain things that aren't mentioned here.
1) what's the highest stitches per inch does the machine do
2) speed control??? What does that "torque" stuff mean?
3) stitch regulator????
4) training???

That's just a few thoughts that ran through my mind.....

joyce888 12-21-2011 09:54 AM

I agree with Dee. I wouldn't even consider it if I couldn't try it out.

jgriinke 12-21-2011 10:40 AM

I say, good for these people to go ahead and do something on their own. Yes, it is a stretched Singer. What's wrong with that? This is how home quilting systems are born. Someone takes an idea and runs with it. It may not have
all the bells and whistles, but for that price, do you know how many quilts that you could get done it? My dear husband is a machinist by trade and he stretched a Singer for me. It works great! If he hadn't built it for me, I wouldn't have a mid arm machine.
I don't mean to sound like a hag, but this system looks like it would work out really well. For someone just starting out with a frame, this would be a dream. Why not give them a chance?! Is't that what this country is founded on?
Sorry if I sound like I'm on a soapbox.
Merry Christmas to all.:)

amandasgramma 12-21-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by jgriinke (Post 4800362)
I say, good for these people to go ahead and do something on their own. Yes, it is a stretched Singer. What's wrong with that? This is how home quilting systems are born. Someone takes an idea and runs with it. It may not have
all the bells and whistles, but for that price, do you know how many quilts that you could get done it? My dear husband is a machinist by trade and he stretched a Singer for me. It works great! If he hadn't built it for me, I wouldn't have a mid arm machine.
I don't mean to sound like a hag, but this system looks like it would work out really well. For someone just starting out with a frame, this would be a dream. Why not give them a chance?! Is't that what this country is founded on?

I believe you took our responses too much to heart!!! I was giving her ideas to look for. Yes, a stitch regulator does not HAVE to be on a machine, but if she's expecting one, she should realize it's not there. As for buying from someone online, without knowledge of what you're buying --- well, in this day and age, you can't be too careless!!! It may very well work out well for her. Heck, the big $30,000 Gammill doesn't work for me!!! However, I stand by what I said. I'd ask more questions --- and believe me, training is a BIG part of learning to longarm quilt.

karenpatrick 12-21-2011 10:48 AM

Looks like it would work OK. If I had a place for one I might give it a try. If I could afford it someday.

Candace 12-21-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by jgriinke (Post 4800362)

You the owner of the site? LOL!