Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I found out something I didn't know! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-found-out-something-i-didnt-know-t199276.html)

KwiltyKahy 09-02-2012 04:48 AM

Yes you can use JoAnn's coupons.

Originally Posted by Nanamoms (Post 5484129)
I get confused as to when "quilting notions are not "notions" although some of the same items are displayed in both Notions and Quilting at Hancocks. Makes no sense! I tell the clerk it makes no sense and they usually accept the coupon. It sure makes shopping harder when you don't know what is coupon related and what is not until you get to checkout.

I plan to go to Hancocks for their Labor Day Sale as Joanns is 35 minutes away! Hmmm, wonder if Hancocks will honor Joanne's coupons??????

Steady Stiching 09-02-2012 05:14 AM

Just a reminder....Joanns takes competetor coupons...sign up for Hobby Lobby and Michaels coupons (no fabric coupons from Michaels) online

jolo 09-02-2012 05:15 AM

I do miss my J-A, from Texas to Ok, No Joanns. Sad shopper. Jo lol

Geri B 09-02-2012 05:19 AM

thanks for the insight....I never in all the years I have shopped at JoAnn's thought of either interfacing or batting as a fabric and therefore use the coupon for it.....now I am wiser and hopefully a bit richer...let's see how my local store handles it..........

KnitnutBZ 09-02-2012 05:35 AM

Most everything I wanted to use my 60% coupon for was on sale. Getting pretty disgusted with Joanne's games.

ShirlinAZ 09-02-2012 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by MattieMae (Post 5483642)
It must be up to the individual JoAnn's stores. That's how I always buy my Warm & Natural off the roll with the fabric coupon.

I'm not talking about batting in the bags.

Same at my local JoAnn store. That's the only way I buy yardage of W&N or W&W. And yes, I have also bought interfacing that way. If it comes off the bolt, it's fabric. If it's prepackaged (batting or interfacing) it's notions.

milikaa1 09-02-2012 08:39 AM

I try to use coupons at Joann for batting and they refuse it every time, they keep saying it is not a fabric item, I think that is lame, it is a fabric item, to me any how.

Pat G 09-02-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by bnlmom (Post 5483823)
hmm interesting-when I worked at JoAnn's interfacing wasn't considered a notion, must have been an individual store thing.
I used my 60% on interfacing and another for 45"home dec fabric.

Since you worked at JoAnn's I'd like to ask you a question. I special ordered some upholstery fabric last summer. I had to pay $19 shipping & it still went to the store. That doesn't make sense that I had to pay shpg. TO THE STORE. I emailed JoAnn's asking if this is standard & they never did reply. Left me with a very bad taste for the company on both counts.

captlynhall 09-02-2012 09:42 AM

I had one of those 60% off coupons too, but seems like everything in the store was on sale for 40% off, so I couldn't use the 60% coupon. I kinda felt like it was a come on too. Seems like they could let you use it and get an extra 20% off to total the 60 %.

bjgallent 09-02-2012 10:22 AM

I thought anything that had to be cut counted. I used a 50% coupon for fusible fleece a while back.