Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I got asked to make 4 quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-asked-make-4-quilts-t102371.html)

wvhill22 03-05-2011 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
I am not happy with my friend she has not dropped the patterns and fabrics by yet. She keeps changing her mind on things and I have had it! Last I herd 2 of the brides maids have decided not to be in the wedding. I am at this point she can find someone else to do the quilts! I have a lot of projects and quilts to make and not gonna sit around and wait till the last minute to get them done for her. I sew and do art work and do other crafts to make money for myself for extra things and help pay bills. I can't trust her to carry thru at this point.

the more you are telling us. the more i think you shouldn't do it.

Deborah12687 03-05-2011 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22

I am not happy with my friend she has not dropped the patterns and fabrics by yet. She keeps changing her mind on things and I have had it! Last I herd 2 of the brides maids have decided not to be in the wedding. I am at this point she can find someone else to do the quilts! I have a lot of projects and quilts to make and not gonna sit around and wait till the last minute to get them done for her. I sew and do art work and do other crafts to make money for myself for extra things and help pay bills. I can't trust her to carry thru at this point.

I am not sewing the quilts for her anymore. I really could use the money but I can't trust her to carry thru on things. I have many quilting projects to finish of my own. I am not friends with her anymore.

Barnsey 03-05-2011 06:42 AM

can't wait to see them finished :)

wvhill22 03-06-2011 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22

I am not sewing the quilts for her anymore. I really could use the money but I can't trust her to carry thru on things. I have many quilting projects to finish of my own. I am not friends with her anymore.

I hope you are not friends because of all this. How sad that would be

omak 03-06-2011 07:45 AM

A friend of mine has asked me to sew 4 quilts. Her daughter is getting married this coming Christmas and she wants to give her brides mades quilts for being in the wedding. She is dropping off the pattern, 5 full bolts of fabric, thread, batting and bias tape and I get what is left over. The quilts are standard size. On top of that she is paying me $550.00 per quilt. If I have time left she wants me to make a 8ft table runner for the main table.

Apparently, you have a friend who absolutely comprehends the value of what you do. How exciting! <wave>

Then! I go back and read a few posts before mine posted, and alas! Someone seems to be a big talker in more ways than one. So sad!
I have long held that you really do not know me until you find out what I do when I hit my thumb with a hammer (translation: Until you see what I do when I am actually working, you have not met the real Omak.) Seems to hold true for most humans. Work has a tendancy to allow our true strengths and weaknesses to show through. <wave> Sorry to hear that all has fallen through :(