Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I had to quit looking at the Pictures Section (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-had-quit-looking-pictures-section-t226884.html)

jcrow 07-30-2013 05:53 AM

I had to quit looking at the Pictures Section

The Pictures Section is my favorite section, but I had to quit looking there. I decided not to buy anymore fabric except backing and when I look at everyone's quilts, I usually end up asking what fabric line their quilt was made from and automatically buy lots of that fabric. So, sadly, I can't go to Pictures. I've done well so far. I only bought fabric for a baby quilt for my pregnant niece. Usually I'm getting packages in the mail daily. But I miss everyone's pictures. Anyone else have this problem? :-(

Sunnye 07-30-2013 06:06 AM

I quit looking for two reasons:
1. Even the "my first quilt" were better than mine!
2. I can't load my own pictures onto this site. I know, I'm so computer illiterate. I can do it on other sites but not here.

auntpiggylpn 07-30-2013 06:09 AM

Hi Jeanne! I have been on a fabric diet for a year now and have only stumbled a couple of times. I still go to the pictures section because I love to see what beauties everyone is making. I have, however, quit downloading patterns. I have so many quilts planned in my head there just isn't room for anymore! If I stumble across a quilt pattern that I really like, I just pin it to my Pinterest board. I've also given myself permission to NOT finish everything I start. I never make the same quilt pattern twice so each new project is trying a new block or technique. If I find it too difficult or I just don't like it, I don't force myself to finish it. I keep all the fabric for the project with the unfinished top because who knows, I might decide later down the road to finish it. So many quilts, so little time to work on something that doesn't make me happy! I have also started just making quilt tops (flimsy). Piecing is what makes me happy, following the quilt to completion- not so much! But if I needed a finished quilt quickly, I can throw one together pretty quickly from my flimsy stash!

Tartan 07-30-2013 06:14 AM

If the computer requires me to do more than just click on a tab, I am lost. I cannot load pictures from my computer to QB. I can load directly from pictures taken with my iPad because you just click on the little tree and then follow the prompts. I am trying to finish UFO's this year and only buying fabric to complete them.

happylab 07-30-2013 06:31 PM

I have cut back on my fabric buying for the last year. I did that by staying away from fabric stores, unless I need something to finish a project or on vacation. I have a good stash, so don't need much.
Tartan, can you please PM me, so I can find the little tree icon. I need to learn how to download my pics from my I-pad. I keep looking for the tree icon, but can never find it. Thank-you.

Mitch's mom 07-31-2013 02:02 AM

I'm not Tartan but, the Tree icon is the 3rd from the right at the top of the 'quick reply' box.

GailG 07-31-2013 03:55 AM

PICTURES is the first place I look when I get into the QB!! I've cut back considereably on the fabric buying but it's the printing of the patterns and pretty pictures of quilts I need to work on. My binders are piling up! I can't do pictures and I don't know how to save to the computer, so that's the price I pay. So I will continue to get inspiration from all of the talented quilters on this board.

Quilter 65 07-31-2013 05:41 AM

I know what you mean about the pictures, but it is the first place I go. Trying to stay strong and just enjoying everyone else's work. So beautiful.

carslo 07-31-2013 06:07 AM

I try and have my morning coffee with the pictures from the QB. I get a lot of inspiration for my quilts from here - it helps me to use up the fabric I already have. "Resistance is futile" according to the Borg and that about sums it up for me :)

nanna-up-north 07-31-2013 06:08 AM

I'm not one to look at pictures..... guilty!! I'm sure they are wonderful but I just look at Main, Vintage and UFO challenge mostly. If I spend too much time on the computer, I don't spend as much time sewing. That's a problem when I need to get things done.

But, I think I'll check out the pictures this morning.......