Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I hate it when..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-hate-when-t221564.html)

Stitch124 05-15-2013 11:29 AM

I hate it when.....

I'm on the last line of cross-hatching a quilt and I run out of thread and don't have anymore of the same color and can't get to the store for 2 days...........arrrggghhhh!

quiltingcandy 05-15-2013 11:31 AM

As a friend of mine would say, "That's enough to make a preacher cuss!"

KLO 05-15-2013 11:55 AM

Why is it that that happens? My husband had one more row of mowing to do and the belt broke. We were watching a mystery show and about 2 minutes before the end our power went out for a split second but long enough to shut down the TV. When I want to put breadcrumbs on my chicken, I don't have quite enough to cover all the pieces. Etc., etc. Must be those darn gremlins!

pumpkinpatchquilter 05-15-2013 11:57 AM

Oh no!!! I have run out of thread too early before and now I'm always paranoid and over buy!

bearisgray 05-15-2013 12:20 PM

It's the sand in the shoes that can be more annoying than the mountains to climb!

QuiltnNan 05-15-2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter (Post 6065766)
Oh no!!! I have run out of thread too early before and now I'm always paranoid and over buy!

i think that's why our sewing rooms look like mini quilt shops LOL

quilter2090 05-15-2013 01:35 PM

Been there, done that! Since I am disabled, it has become very difficult for me to shop in a regular brick and mortar store. So when I shop online, I stock up on several of the basics so that I have extras. If I have to pay shipping costs, I want it to count.

NanaCsews2 05-15-2013 04:28 PM

LOL or when your husband takes a good working vacuum to the curb with a sign on it that says it works-for anyone who could use it; and then the neighbor lady calls and asks about it, I tell her it works and my DH will bring it over to her, when before he gets to the door someone has just snapped off the long cord to it and driven off. UGH
Or you go to Dairy Queen with a large group of family, take the Blizzards to the park to eat them, dish them all out so every one has one, and wouldn't you know it? The last one left was only filled half-way and you have to claim it as yours....

Nammie to 7 05-15-2013 07:31 PM

Sometimes overbuying does work in ones favor. I started quilting on a quilt today and decided I needed blue instead of white and figured I'd just have to put it away til I went to town - looked in my box and darned if I didn't find a partial spool of thread that worked perfectly! I was a happy camper. I just bought a little gizmo that gives a guide as to how much thread one needed for each size quilt - I liked that idea!

Pat625 05-16-2013 02:23 AM

I hate when I am at the very bitter end of finishing a quilt and I have to fight myself to get it done, before starting a new project ready to cut and sew!