Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I hate it when.....

I hate it when.....

I'm on the last line of cross-hatching a quilt and I run out of thread and don't have anymore of the same color and can't get to the store for 2 days...........arrrggghhhh!

As a friend of mine would say, "That's enough to make a preacher cuss!"

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Why is it that that happens? My husband had one more row of mowing to do and the belt broke. We were watching a mystery show and about 2 minutes before the end our power went out for a split second but long enough to shut down the TV. When I want to put breadcrumbs on my chicken, I don't have quite enough to cover all the pieces. Etc., etc. Must be those darn gremlins!

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Oh no!!! I have run out of thread too early before and now I'm always paranoid and over buy!
    Valerie Smith - pumpkinpatchquilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Power Poster
    It's the sand in the shoes that can be more annoying than the mountains to climb!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
    Oh no!!! I have run out of thread too early before and now I'm always paranoid and over buy!
    i think that's why our sewing rooms look like mini quilt shops LOL
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Been there, done that! Since I am disabled, it has become very difficult for me to shop in a regular brick and mortar store. So when I shop online, I stock up on several of the basics so that I have extras. If I have to pay shipping costs, I want it to count.

Blog Entries
    LOL or when your husband takes a good working vacuum to the curb with a sign on it that says it works-for anyone who could use it; and then the neighbor lady calls and asks about it, I tell her it works and my DH will bring it over to her, when before he gets to the door someone has just snapped off the long cord to it and driven off. UGH
    Or you go to Dairy Queen with a large group of family, take the Blizzards to the park to eat them, dish them all out so every one has one, and wouldn't you know it? The last one left was only filled half-way and you have to claim it as yours....

Sometimes overbuying does work in ones favor. I started quilting on a quilt today and decided I needed blue instead of white and figured I'd just have to put it away til I went to town - looked in my box and darned if I didn't find a partial spool of thread that worked perfectly! I was a happy camper. I just bought a little gizmo that gives a guide as to how much thread one needed for each size quilt - I liked that idea!

I hate when I am at the very bitter end of finishing a quilt and I have to fight myself to get it done, before starting a new project ready to cut and sew!

Blog Entries
    I buy my thread by the box so don't have that problem.

Blog Entries
    I always have the fear of running out of thread or fabric, so I buy extra. I sometimes think I am OCD, lol
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLO View Post
    Why is it that that happens? My husband had one more row of mowing to do and the belt broke. We were watching a mystery show and about 2 minutes before the end our power went out for a split second but long enough to shut down the TV. When I want to put breadcrumbs on my chicken, I don't have quite enough to cover all the pieces. Etc., etc. Must be those darn gremlins!
    I know about gremlins! Like when I have lost something important, looked everywhere and again, then finally buy a replacement, come home and its right there!

Quote Originally Posted by KLO View Post
    yeah I hear all this---My guys have all been baseball fanatics and I always loved taking action shots of them over all the years. Last year when the youngest was in his final year of high school, my camera died right in the middle of baseball season. I had just spent too much on a new sewing machine so I couldn't buy a new camera so soon. It couldn't wait till after baseball season was over!!! They ended up state champs that year!!

We have resigned to the fact that we have borrowers. They usually take whatever I need so I can never find anything. It is either the borrowers or I am chronichly disorganized person.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I was getting ready to go to a friends house one morning and was out of my Bailey's creamer for my coffee and out of milk. So off I go with my straight black and strong. She had no cream or milk BUT she had the real deal. Bailey's Cream Liquer. Was a wonderful cup of coffee. Come on it was 5:00 somewhere!

that would be frustrating!!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    As a friend of mine would say, "That's enough to make a preacher cuss!"
    that is hilarious, will make me smile all day.

What is it they say, "The best laid plans of mice and men"?

Power Poster
    I think we've all been there, done that for just about anything. That's probably why I have a small 3-drawer cabinet with thread, and 2 shoe boxes of more thread. That's what happens when you move part of your sewing room upstairs from your basement sewing room, can't find what you want and buy more. I also stocked up when Wal-Mart was phasing out their sewing section and they had marked the rayon thread in the larger spools down to 25-50 cents. Then when you move and consolidate you find yourself with a mini-LQS of thread, but now we're on a severely limited budget, my "sale philosophy" comes in handy. My husband once told me that I would buy and elephant if it was on sale, although it wouldn't fit in our apartment? LOL

Love reading these posts, they crack me up!