Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I hate it when..... >

I hate it when.....

I hate it when.....

Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 AM

I buy my thread by the box so don't have that problem.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:57 AM

I always have the fear of running out of thread or fabric, so I buy extra. I sometimes think I am OCD, lol
Old 05-17-2013, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
Why is it that that happens? My husband had one more row of mowing to do and the belt broke. We were watching a mystery show and about 2 minutes before the end our power went out for a split second but long enough to shut down the TV. When I want to put breadcrumbs on my chicken, I don't have quite enough to cover all the pieces. Etc., etc. Must be those darn gremlins!
I know about gremlins! Like when I have lost something important, looked everywhere and again, then finally buy a replacement, come home and its right there!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
Why is it that that happens? My husband had one more row of mowing to do and the belt broke. We were watching a mystery show and about 2 minutes before the end our power went out for a split second but long enough to shut down the TV. When I want to put breadcrumbs on my chicken, I don't have quite enough to cover all the pieces. Etc., etc. Must be those darn gremlins!
yeah I hear all this---My guys have all been baseball fanatics and I always loved taking action shots of them over all the years. Last year when the youngest was in his final year of high school, my camera died right in the middle of baseball season. I had just spent too much on a new sewing machine so I couldn't buy a new camera so soon. It couldn't wait till after baseball season was over!!! They ended up state champs that year!!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 AM

We have resigned to the fact that we have borrowers. They usually take whatever I need so I can never find anything. It is either the borrowers or I am chronichly disorganized person.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I was getting ready to go to a friends house one morning and was out of my Bailey's creamer for my coffee and out of milk. So off I go with my straight black and strong. She had no cream or milk BUT she had the real deal. Bailey's Cream Liquer. Was a wonderful cup of coffee. Come on it was 5:00 somewhere!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

that would be frustrating!!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
As a friend of mine would say, "That's enough to make a preacher cuss!"
that is hilarious, will make me smile all day.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

What is it they say, "The best laid plans of mice and men"?
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I think we've all been there, done that for just about anything. That's probably why I have a small 3-drawer cabinet with thread, and 2 shoe boxes of more thread. That's what happens when you move part of your sewing room upstairs from your basement sewing room, can't find what you want and buy more. I also stocked up when Wal-Mart was phasing out their sewing section and they had marked the rayon thread in the larger spools down to 25-50 cents. Then when you move and consolidate you find yourself with a mini-LQS of thread, but now we're on a severely limited budget, my "sale philosophy" comes in handy. My husband once told me that I would buy and elephant if it was on sale, although it wouldn't fit in our apartment? LOL