Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-52-purchased-quilt-patterns-how-many-do-you-have-t197017.html)

pollyjvan9 08-08-2012 04:50 AM

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Sometimes it makes me dizzy thinking about how much money I have invested in quilt patterns. Out of the 52 purchased patterns I know I paid $60 each for 3 or 4 of them, $20 or so for several and $8 to $10 for the rest. That is a lot of money! And then, of course, there are all the books. I am not about to count the number of books I have and I love them all! And magazines! I don't subscribe anymore, but it seems I buy at least one every month. Again, I don't even want to know how many magazines I have and I intend to keep them all. I get many hours of enjoyment from all the books and magazines and about once or twice a year I go through all of them, and add more stickies! Do any of you feel the same way? or do you pass them on?

erstan947 08-08-2012 04:57 AM

I don't have very many purchased patterns.....but I do have a lot of magazines. About once a year I go thru them and thin them out. Most of my space is filled with fabrics♥♥. Are we a little obsessed? Well, just a little I think! :thumbup:

mary quilting 08-08-2012 05:03 AM

I don't know I am afraid to count . Love your avatar.

Julie in NM 08-08-2012 05:06 AM

I hate math so refuse to add up how much I've spent on patterns, book, mag. BUT I do belive it is cheaper than mental health therapy. But then isn't quilting therapy. See, I've justified what we spend on stuff!

burchquilts 08-08-2012 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by mary quilting (Post 5425922)
I don't know I am afraid to count . Love your avatar.

Same here. I have so many I can't even find them all! Patterns, books, magazines, downloads on my 'puter... oh my! And yet, I have several that are my go-tos... go figure!

Beeboop71 08-08-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM (Post 5425934)
I hate math so refuse to add up how much I've spent on patterns, book, mag. BUT I do belive it is cheaper than mental health therapy. But then isn't quilting therapy. See, I've justified what we spend on stuff!

Wow! After reading your post I feel much better because like Polyjvan, I too have many patterns, books and magazines and the worst part I haven't even made a quarter of the things from any of them. I think I am obsessed with patterns cuz I do love buying them and having them in my library :0 I like knowing that if I do have a selection of patterns in my own stash that I can just pick out from if I do decide to make something from a pattern. As for the books and mags I do refer back to them quite often so that isn't a total obsession. So I will except the idea that our obsession for buying patterns, books, and mags as well as our love for quilting is a lot cheaper than mental health therapy and more rewarding too!

nygal 08-08-2012 05:21 AM

I have a lot of quilt books and a year or so ago donated many to the used bookstore. I only keep the magazine issues that have quilts in them that I like. Otherwise I leave a few at doctor's offices when I have an appointment now and then. I don't have many purchased patterns on their own.

SouthPStitches 08-08-2012 05:23 AM

Actually it's fabric that is my total downfall. Lately thread comes a close second, followed distantly by patterns/books.

gramarraine 08-08-2012 05:30 AM

Books and patterns have become an obsession with me lately also. I know I will never make even 1/4 of the patterns that I have but I just can't seem to resist when I just love the pattern.

wolph33 08-08-2012 05:32 AM

I do not buy many patterns-I like traditional.now templates,books ,magazines and a ridiculous stash -that is different.I do thin the magazines out a few times a year.If there is one or two I really like I put just those in a binder and the magazine goes to my daughter and then my grand daughter for collages.