Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have finally tried Mary Ellen's Best Press - Love it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-finally-tried-mary-ellens-best-press-love-t236575.html)

Tiggersmom 12-12-2013 02:21 PM

I love the Best Press also. A friend did the vodka thing and didn't care for it.........maybe it wasn't strong enough......

Thanks for the sale info....I just ordered a gallon of the linen, I usually get the unscented but it wasn't on sale so I thought that 'smell' probably wouldn't bother me as much as some of the others.

quiltsRfun 12-12-2013 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tiggersmom (Post 6453454)
a friend did the vodka thing and didn't care for it.........maybe it wasn't strong enough......

hiccup!! Lol

jcrow 12-12-2013 03:54 PM

I buy it buy the gallon for $22 on Amazon. I love it!

DixieBelle46 12-12-2013 08:17 PM

Love that Best Press !! Thanks for the tip, Ladies. I just ordered a gallon of the Linen, cuz it was all they had.

patsynel 12-12-2013 08:24 PM

I used Best Press for the first time today and was pleased with the results. Glad to know about diluting it with water. Thanks.

SuzieQuilts 12-12-2013 08:56 PM

I like to use it when I press clothes to give them a fresh scent. I too, just found a large bottle of it at Amazon for a lot cheaper. I tend to grab the water spray bottle when I just need to take wrinkles out.

KwiltyKahy 12-13-2013 02:57 AM

Best Press is the best!! But if you are using spray starch, warm your fabric first and let it sit for a little before you continue ironing, that will cut down on the flaking.

justducky65 12-13-2013 06:00 AM

Diluting the Best Press? I may try that on a small amount to see how it works for me. Thanks for everyone's opinions about their likes and dislikes, even the comment that the price is not a car payment.

For me, it was the idea that I have been using a product that costs $1 for so long, so to step up to a $9 product, it really had to work better than the other. Sad to say, but sometimes paying more for something does not always make it better, but in this case I do love the product.

I do not have any vodka in the house to try the other "recipe" out there, and since I am not a big drinker, I could not see purchasing some to try it. Maybe over the holiday if I am at a family member's house that has some on hand, I will beg a half a cup and they would get a kick out of the fact that I want to use it for ironing and not drinking!! After all, I am kind of the wacky outsider in my husband's family! :)

TeriQuilter 12-13-2013 06:11 AM

It is my favorite. I also do the unscented because my long arm quilter can't stand anything with scent.

BellaBoo 12-13-2013 06:55 AM

I remembered I had a JoAnns gift card so I ordered the pink colored Best Press while the .12 shipping was offered. It was marked cheaper then the linen scent. odd. No scent was indicated but I think it is rose scented. I found that if I spray Best Press on my dry clothes and then put in dryer, it works great to remove wrinkles, especially on the hard to iron clothes.