Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a question, or maybe it is a poll? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-question-maybe-poll-t20850.html)

cutebuns 06-01-2009 09:38 PM

I want to know if anyone has ever quilted to a mood. Happy, sad, excited, down, what ever it may be that you were feeling. Does your work reflect it?

If you have pictures of work that you did I would appreciate it if you posted it with your response.

I had a thought while putting together pieces tonight for the next block in my quilt, you may have been following my progress the last couple of days. I posted pictures to it last night again.

katier825 06-02-2009 01:10 AM

Not when I'm quilting, but it does make a difference when I'm fabric shopping. If I'm in a funky mood while I'm shopping, I either can't decide, or I buy something I'm not all that thrilled with.

Kj05 06-02-2009 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
Not when I'm quilting, but it does make a difference when I'm fabric shopping. If I'm in a funky mood while I'm shopping, I either can't decide, or I buy something I'm not all that thrilled with.

This is about the same for me. When I make a quilt it usually stretches over such a time period that doesn't really allow for emotion to take a roll.

sandpat 06-02-2009 04:02 AM

I agree with the making, but if I am designing a quilt in a bad mood, it will reflect t. Good thing I don't get in one very often and when I do, I prefer to take it out on DH rather than do any designing. I much prefer to design happy/whimsical, etc. when I'm happy. And sorry...I don't have any pics..I've given all of them away..

cutebuns 06-02-2009 06:52 AM

Thank you for answering. And I hope more do even if it is to say the same thing.

PS Katier, if you need a foster home for that fabric let me know, I always have room for more.

Ducky 06-02-2009 07:10 AM

When I make a quilt, it's always for someone specific. When I buy fabric and decide on pattern, it's always with their personalities I keep in mind. Interesting thought, though.....I could start my own quilt that I would work on only when I'm stressed, or one when I'm feeling really good. It would be interesting to see how those would pan out.

Ninnie 06-02-2009 07:19 AM

I have to be careful when hand quilting, if I am stressed, my stitches will get to tight and sometimes even too small, so I have to make myself relax when i pick up that needle. :D

Ninnie

Cathe 06-02-2009 03:54 PM

I tend to make bright cheerful quilts in the winter when it is gloomy outside.

littlehud 06-02-2009 06:29 PM

If I'm unhappy I don't quilt. It just doesn't work. I am influenced by my mood when I go to the fabric store. Looking through my stash I can tell what my mood was just by looking at the fabrics.

AkAngel 06-02-2009 07:34 PM

I've noticed that mine will reflect seasonal colors. Like when I have Spring Fever I almost want something floral.
Or now I picking out alot of browns and earthy tones towards fall.
I think I see enough real winter that I don't often pick out fabrics that reflect winter, but I do pick out cool colors.