Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a question - Searching for Harley Davidson Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-question-searching-harley-davidson-fabrics-t35590.html)

NorBanaquilts 01-31-2010 04:18 PM

Minnie, You could use t-shirts but that would be an expensive quilt!

NauDeeGal 01-31-2010 04:24 PM

Have you thought about asking DSIL or DB if he is willing to part with any of their Harley t-shirts or bandanas?....might be something special that he would like in the quilt too? Just a thought?

or you could check out : www.harley-davidson.com

they may have something available that you could use in the quilt? I know they sell their own embroidered patches, fleece blankets, clothing of all kinds, bandanas, doo rags, etc.

Hope this helps!
DeeDee

judy_68 01-31-2010 04:38 PM

My sister bought sets of sheets to use.
Judy in Ohio

Rose Lee 01-31-2010 07:09 PM

I have never seen Harley Davidson material, but if worse comes to worse, why don't you try a T-shirt quilt using the Harley Davidson old T-shirts, or make one block using the t-shirt method, then border with motorcycle material or blocks.

MonkeeGirl 01-31-2010 09:01 PM

I have recently seen flame material at Walmart, or maybe JoAnns (or Hobby Lobby). If you live near a Harley dealership, there are plenty of different bandanas. Also, if you might be interested in scrapbooking, the online shop has Harley stamping products. I bought them thinking I would make my own fabric some day. You could always design your own fabric in the computer and print it out. Personally, as a biker myself, I think anything orange and black SCREAMS HarleyDavidson!

amma 01-31-2010 09:04 PM

Harley Bandanas backed with a light fusible interfacing would work really well in a quilt top :D:D:D

Deb Thies 02-02-2010 12:48 AM

Hi-I made my hubby a "Harley" quilt a 3-4 yrs ago- no luck then w/Harley fabs so I improvised w/other novelties- golfing, road maps, cards, dice, U of IA, USMC (son), nurse (daughter), lipstick(me)...he loves the representation of all of our lives on his quilt--I did resort to HD bandanas as well as beer bandanas- and some of the other featured non HD fabs talked about here. Good luck. Deb

quiltsrwarm2 02-02-2010 09:24 AM

I did a Harley Davidson quilt out of bandanas. You can find alot of them a flea markets and at any Harley shop. They do cost more at the shops, but a variety of them make a great quilt. You may find some at Hancocks Fabrics if there is one near you in your state. If not they do have a website www.handcocksfabrics.com. Good luck.

Deborah12687 02-02-2010 09:38 AM

I haven't seen much for Harley fabric but you can buy the head scarfs and make a quilt from the scarfs.

Minnie 02-02-2010 06:52 PM

Thanks everyone. It seems unanamouse that bandanas are the way to go. I will start looking for them. I do believe that is going to be the easiest way also.
Thanks for all your input everyone....