Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have a question - Searching for Harley Davidson Fabrics

Under the stars and the moon and the sun...
    I was wondering if anyone has seen any Harley Davidson fabric? I have googled everywhere I can think of and can not find any. My DB is a Harley LOVER...He has a bike and DSIL has a bike. He is a heart transplant recipient that has been having some problems lately and I would love to put together a Harley quilt for him. If anyone has any Ideas on where to possibly find fabric for this, I would greatly appreciate it....
    Thanks in advance for all your time and effort.
    Have a wonderful God filled evening.
    Minnie

Hi Minnie,

I picked up a print with a variety of motorcycles from Victoria's Sewing in Port Huron about six weeks ago. She doesn't have an online catalog but it might be worth a call!

Will dig it out and try to post a photo tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Linda

You will find fabric with motorcycles on it but no Harley fabric ever. They guard their logos and trademark very strictly.

You can sometimes find bandana's with harley on them.

Here's a photo of the bike print I picked up at Victoria's Sewing (their website: http://victoriassewing.com/).

Cheers
    Linda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marcia;
    Thank you for all the wonderful sites.....You have been a big help.
    Linda;
    Thanks for the website, I will check them out.....I love red and DB seems to really like the flame material.....Thanks again.

Try bearpawquilting.com
    They cary all kinds of licensed fabric, fleece and cotton. Have fun. i also do searches through quiltshops.com go to the second screen on their sight through item search. type in Harley Davidson and it will give you all of the shops that carry that material or items. I looked for pansies with my first search. Narrow it to blue pansies,etc. Sheesh

Sheesh;
    Thanks for the info. I will try that.

A friend made a great Harley quilt using assorted (used or new) Harley Davidson T-shirts. She also had two actual photos of their motorcycles printed on T-shirts and included them. I understand that there are HD logo sheet sets available, but that would not be quilt shop fabric.

Minnie, You could use t-shirts but that would be an expensive quilt!

Have you thought about asking DSIL or DB if he is willing to part with any of their Harley t-shirts or bandanas?....might be something special that he would like in the quilt too? Just a thought?

or you could check out : www.harley-davidson.com

they may have something available that you could use in the quilt? I know they sell their own embroidered patches, fleece blankets, clothing of all kinds, bandanas, doo rags, etc.

Hope this helps!
    DeeDee

My sister bought sets of sheets to use.
    Judy in Ohio

I have never seen Harley Davidson material, but if worse comes to worse, why don't you try a T-shirt quilt using the Harley Davidson old T-shirts, or make one block using the t-shirt method, then border with motorcycle material or blocks.

Blog Entries
    I have recently seen flame material at Walmart, or maybe JoAnns (or Hobby Lobby). If you live near a Harley dealership, there are plenty of different bandanas. Also, if you might be interested in scrapbooking, the online shop has Harley stamping products. I bought them thinking I would make my own fabric some day. You could always design your own fabric in the computer and print it out. Personally, as a biker myself, I think anything orange and black SCREAMS HarleyDavidson!

Blog Entries
    Harley Bandanas backed with a light fusible interfacing would work really well in a quilt top :D:D:D

Hi-I made my hubby a "Harley" quilt a 3-4 yrs ago- no luck then w/Harley fabs so I improvised w/other novelties- golfing, road maps, cards, dice, U of IA, USMC (son), nurse (daughter), lipstick(me)...he loves the representation of all of our lives on his quilt--I did resort to HD bandanas as well as beer bandanas- and some of the other featured non HD fabs talked about here. Good luck. Deb

I did a Harley Davidson quilt out of bandanas. You can find alot of them a flea markets and at any Harley shop. They do cost more at the shops, but a variety of them make a great quilt. You may find some at Hancocks Fabrics if there is one near you in your state. If not they do have a website www.handcocksfabrics.com. Good luck.

I haven't seen much for Harley fabric but you can buy the head scarfs and make a quilt from the scarfs.

Thanks everyone. It seems unanamouse that bandanas are the way to go. I will start looking for them. I do believe that is going to be the easiest way also.
    Thanks for all your input everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie
    Thanks everyone. It seems unanamouse that bandanas are the way to go. I will start looking for them. I do believe that is going to be the easiest way also.
    Thanks for all your input everyone....
    bandanas are the best. I made one for my daughter using them.

Minnie,
    Harley Davidson motor company is VERY protective of their logo and name (ie the bar and shield). They only license it's use to those willing to pay the big bucks for it. The fabric posted on E-bay looked to me to be cut up sheets because the designs were the same, keep that in mind if you decide to order from that. I have found entire harley sheet sets on sale at K-mart for a fraction of what the ebay seller is selling.

I didn't go through all the replies but here is a link to a place that specializes in motorcycle themed fabric. http://creativematrixstudios.com/asp...Shop/index.asp

If you google "motorcycle fabric" you will get loads of hits. I have also made loads of Harley T-shirt quilts that turned out very nice. Here is a link to the thread with how to and pictures
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35279-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Minnie,
    Harley Davidson motor company is VERY protective of their logo and name (ie the bar and shield). They only license it's use to those willing to pay the big bucks for it. The fabric posted on E-bay looked to me to be cut up sheets because the designs were the same, keep that in mind if you decide to order from that. I have found entire harley sheet sets on sale at K-mart for a fraction of what the ebay seller is selling.

I didn't go through all the replies but here is a link to a place that specializes in motorcycle themed fabric. http://creativematrixstudios.com/asp...Shop/index.asp

If you google "motorcycle fabric" you will get loads of hits. I have also made loads of Harley T-shirt quilts that turned out very nice. Here is a link to the thread with how to and pictures
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35279-1.htm
    Thank you so much for the information. I will check those sites as well.