Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-question-t87099.html)

The Bag Lady 01-02-2011 02:27 PM

I recently saw a lovely quilt made by one our church members. I asked the person who made it if she would mind telling me the name of the pattern, but she refused. Why are people like that.

harvsstuff 01-02-2011 02:29 PM

She may have had a bad day. it is plain rudeness which seems to be in the air at times.

lvaughan 01-02-2011 02:32 PM

Maybe, they want to feel like they have done something special and it won't be if others make it too. I had a friend that was a wonderful cook and would bring samples for me to try, but she would guard her recipes. She made a tasty appetizer made with spinach and puff pastry that I would have loved to have the recipe. She felt a need to be the only one to make them.

Quilter7x 01-02-2011 02:33 PM

That's not like a quilter at all. Unless it is her own pattern, there isn't any reason not to share the name of the pattern with you.

Sounds like she was having a bad day, I'm sorry that happened to you. {{{hugs}}}

StitchinJoy 01-02-2011 02:33 PM

You know her. I don't. Why do you think?

Jealous and prideful and fearful that you will make one like hers? Maybe she doesn't know the pattern name or she forgot, and she was ashamed to admit that? Maybe just cranky? Maybe she had a bad day? Could be a lot of reasons.

I would suggest you taking out your cell phone, snap a photo and post it here. You'd have the pattern name in an hour or two.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-02-2011 02:34 PM

I have no idea. I've given up trying to figure anybody out!
Some people are that way with recipes also.
I like spreading the love! :D

Ramona Byrd 01-02-2011 02:44 PM

I would suggest you taking out your cell phone, snap a photo and post it here. You'd have the pattern name in an hour or two.[/quote]
------------------------------
This seems to be the only way to get the pattern. But where IS that quilt? In her home? In some place that's public enough so that you could snap a picture without offending her?

Inquiring minds want to know. (I'll never admit that I'm just plain nosey!!)

joan_quilts 01-02-2011 02:44 PM

I knew a woman once that made a special dessert. I asked for the recipe and she wouldn't share. I googled the ingredients and found the recipe on allrecipes.com I made that dessert and altered it a bit. She tried it and loved it and said I made it better than her! I only wanted the recipe, not to "steal" anything she did.

As far as a pattern goes, I don't know why this lady wouldn't share. My dear mil had a friend like that and I couldn't understand the big secret. Probably she was just in a bad mood. I am sorry though.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-02-2011 02:45 PM

Maybe you can describe it here. There are so many knowledgable people here who seem to come up with the answers to the most elusive problems or requests. Good luck.

amma 01-02-2011 02:47 PM

Some people are just that way unfortunately. You will come across that pattern again one day. :D:D:D