Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have spring buying fever (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-spring-buying-fever-t182975.html)

seamstome 03-16-2012 07:17 AM

I have spring buying fever

I am daydreaming about a fabric buying excursion this weekend. Now rationally I know gas is 4.19 a gallon and fabric is 12 a yard (including tax) and I have 19 UFO's. But it is 75 degrees out, I am itching for a new project and a day trip.

I have Mapquested three shops I have not been to before and my favorite shop. Total drive about 120 miles suburban driving round trip so that shoots the whole day.

I guess it comes down to tonight. I sat down in my sewing room last night, dug out a few UFO's and didnt sew a stitch. No inspiration. Some of these things wont take an hour but it would not be a "fun" hour.

If that happens again tonight, I am going on the shopping spree.

lindy-2 03-16-2012 07:28 AM

yup but maybe set a budget and only get one new project to work on. or blow it all and have fun.

irishrose 03-16-2012 07:31 AM

I know the feeling. Next week my LQS has batiks for $8 a yard and it's less than three miles away. What time do they open on Monday? I have my eye on two in particular - no, make that three.

MaryMo 03-16-2012 07:36 AM

That must be my infliction this week ... I've bought lots of fabric this week from 2 de-stashers traveling 400 miles. Now that I've said it, it sounds ludicrous ... why did I do that? :o

BMP 03-16-2012 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome (Post 5064922)
I am daydreaming about a fabric buying excursion this weekend. Now rationally I know gas is 4.19 a gallon and fabric is 12 a yard (including tax) and I have 19 UFO's. But it is 75 degrees out, I am itching for a new project and a day trip.

I have Mapquested three shops I have not been to before and my favorite shop. Total drive about 120 miles suburban driving round trip so that shoots the whole day.

I guess it comes down to tonight. I sat down in my sewing room last night, dug out a few UFO's and didnt sew a stitch. No inspiration. Some of these things wont take an hour but it would not be a "fun" hour.

If that happens again tonight, I am going on the shopping spree.

Go Girl Go and dont look back !!!

Lori S 03-16-2012 08:35 AM

It is definately in the air here .. I have the same "affliction". I might see you at some of the shops. Which one are you going to first?

joyce888 03-16-2012 09:05 AM

I hear you. The Shop Hop is next weekend and honestly with the price of gas and fabric I cannot afford to go to all of them. So I will go to the three that are close and save gas and time.

pattilynn 03-16-2012 09:12 AM

I've got the same urge. but my problem isn't the distance, It's that I have too many projects in mind. lol

go for it

mighty 03-16-2012 09:13 AM

Yes, seems it is going around I have the same bug!!!!!!!!!!!

BellaBoo 03-16-2012 09:34 AM

I get the urge to go to a quilt shop hopping, off I go for the day. I like going alone. I get a lot of my thinking done on these trips. It is my therapy and I'm worth it, every mile. :o