Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have spring buying fever

Cool I have spring buying fever

I am daydreaming about a fabric buying excursion this weekend. Now rationally I know gas is 4.19 a gallon and fabric is 12 a yard (including tax) and I have 19 UFO's. But it is 75 degrees out, I am itching for a new project and a day trip.

I have Mapquested three shops I have not been to before and my favorite shop. Total drive about 120 miles suburban driving round trip so that shoots the whole day.

I guess it comes down to tonight. I sat down in my sewing room last night, dug out a few UFO's and didnt sew a stitch. No inspiration. Some of these things wont take an hour but it would not be a "fun" hour.

If that happens again tonight, I am going on the shopping spree.

yup but maybe set a budget and only get one new project to work on. or blow it all and have fun.

Blog Entries
    I know the feeling. Next week my LQS has batiks for $8 a yard and it's less than three miles away. What time do they open on Monday? I have my eye on two in particular - no, make that three.

That must be my infliction this week ... I've bought lots of fabric this week from 2 de-stashers traveling 400 miles. Now that I've said it, it sounds ludicrous ... why did I do that?
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seamstome View Post
    I am daydreaming about a fabric buying excursion this weekend. Now rationally I know gas is 4.19 a gallon and fabric is 12 a yard (including tax) and I have 19 UFO's. But it is 75 degrees out, I am itching for a new project and a day trip.

I have Mapquested three shops I have not been to before and my favorite shop. Total drive about 120 miles suburban driving round trip so that shoots the whole day.

I guess it comes down to tonight. I sat down in my sewing room last night, dug out a few UFO's and didnt sew a stitch. No inspiration. Some of these things wont take an hour but it would not be a "fun" hour.

Go Girl Go and dont look back !!!

It is definately in the air here .. I have the same "affliction". I might see you at some of the shops. Which one are you going to first?

Blog Entries
    I hear you. The Shop Hop is next weekend and honestly with the price of gas and fabric I cannot afford to go to all of them. So I will go to the three that are close and save gas and time.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I've got the same urge. but my problem isn't the distance, It's that I have too many projects in mind. lol

go for it
    Patti

Yes, seems it is going around I have the same bug!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I get the urge to go to a quilt shop hopping, off I go for the day. I like going alone. I get a lot of my thinking done on these trips. It is my therapy and I'm worth it, every mile.
    Got fabric?

It must be contagious!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    I've got the bug, but not the cash, so I guess I'll stay home, and shop in my stash!! (I'm a poet, and don't know it)!!
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

Well I solved my affliction. Saw a cute tablerunner pattern here on the QB. My mom LOVES to dress out her table. Grabbed my Mom and ran to the LQS on my lunch. Picked up a bunch of 1/4 yards in pinks, oranges, yellow, turquiose and purple. Enough to make two tablerunners. Will whip them out tonight and tomorrow. Easy Peasey, not much in gas or time and little project.

Blog Entries
    better make sure those stores are still in business, so many are going under
    Patski
    always learning

Power Poster
    Maybe you will be motivated after a shopping spree. Have fun. Gotta enjoy this nice weather.

Blog Entries
    Oh MY! I had the same feeling today! I got out of class early and it was such a beautiful day and my favorite LQS is having a Buy one yard, get one yard free sale. I was planning on going tomorrow but I just couldn't wait! I got some batiks for a couple projects I want to do, some binding fabric for another baby quilt that I need to finish and and then I decided I needed to spoil myself sooo.... I bought a 1/4 yard of all the fabrics in the Moda "Ruby" collection! I am so obsessed with this collection and I have big plans for a quilt for myself out of it! No buyers remorse at all! In fact, on the way home, I rolled down the windows, turned up the radio and sang along - out loud!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Oh yes, when the weather turns nice our hearts turn to shopping (and I am not what you'd call a big shopper, except for quilting things)!
    But here's the question: WHY is it so nice in March?! We're having 80 degree days. That's just not right. I'm enjoying it, but it's not right.

I'm so glad I'm not alone!! I was able to take advantage of a sale & get 50 fat qtrs for $49.95. I received them soon after, then took a friend to our LQS & bought another bag full!! It's very inspirational though! LOL!! ;-)
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Blog Entries
    Definitely contagious! I have it too. My favorite shop is Roberts...which ones are on your map?
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Well I ended up going to Rockford and bought a few things. Roberts??? Hmmm will have to put that one on my list. I was going to Pieceful Hearts in Lisle then to one in Downer's Grove and then Willowbrook. Was going to try to catch Batavia on the way. Maybe another day.

Got home and am working on my mom's table runner.

I think we need to sometimes do something fun for us! We are so busy taking care of everything else, we just need a fun day, you could being doing far worse things Enjoy!

I must admit my favorite part of quilting is the fabric shopping!!!
    Bless, O Lord, the works of my hands....

P. C.

Blog Entries
    Our Quilting Guild had a bus trip to the Lancaster, PA Quilt Show on Thursday (3 hour ride each way). Weather was beautiful and buying fever definitely in the air. One member even bought herself a Bernina!

Quote Originally Posted by seamstome View Post

I thought only I did that!

My favorite shop is The Fabric Center in Morris, Il. Next I like Roberts in Joliet and the one in Princeton,Il.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast