Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I just can't make myself do it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-just-cant-make-myself-do-t19751.html)

okie3 05-05-2009 05:43 AM

Ok, most of you know I've been working on this quilt "Kentucky Wagon Wheel" for 1 of my daughter-in-laws. Well after talking to my son the other night ( he was crying part of the time) He thinks she is fixing to divorce him as soon as he gets her moved back to Kentucky. I can't finish this quilt right now. Every time I look at it I go to pieces. It just hurts to much. I never expected this from her. Do I just put the quilt up for awhile and see how things go. Maybe later on regardless I can finish it and give it to one of their boys when they are older.

ScubaK 05-05-2009 05:58 AM

That is pretty stressful.
Sorry to hear this.
I would put the quilt away for awhile and see how things turn out.
You know how we sometimes worry that things are worse than they are?
I would just wait and see.
In the meantime I will be thinking of you, your son, his wife and children and hope they can get this all worked out.
K

Rose Hall 05-05-2009 06:12 AM

I agree with KO24.

sending hugs and prayers your way. I've been there.
Rose Hall

Ducky 05-05-2009 06:37 AM

Okie, it is so hard when our kids are hurting. I'm sorry. My prayer is that this situation ends up with peace and happiness. If it were me, I definitely would put the quilt away for awhile, see how things pan out, then decide. If it doesn't go to your DIL, and you don't want to give it to one of the boys, it could always be given to a church for fundraising or to charity. Just a thought. All the best to you and your family.

Quilt4u 05-05-2009 06:45 AM

I agree just put it away. Hope everything truns out for the better. Prayers being sent.

littlehud 05-05-2009 07:07 AM

I feel so bad for you. Just put it away and see how things work out. I'm praying for your family.

Knot Sew 05-05-2009 07:16 AM

Will think positive thoughts that everything improves

Shemjo 05-05-2009 07:28 AM

I agree, put it away and wait and see. Prayers for you all that all goes well. Hugs.

omak 05-05-2009 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by okie3
Ok, most of you know I've been working on this quilt "Kentucky Wagon Wheel" for 1 of my daughter-in-laws. Well after talking to my son the other night ( he was crying part of the time) He thinks she is fixing to divorce him as soon as he gets her moved back to Kentucky. I can't finish this quilt right now. Every time I look at it I go to pieces. It just hurts to much. I never expected this from her. Do I just put the quilt up for awhile and see how things go. Maybe later on regardless I can finish it and give it to one of their boys when they are older.

Bless your heart - - you figured out your own solution!
Grandad always counseled: Figure out what is the worst that can happen, figure out what you will do if the worst happens, and anything less than that is easy, peasy, a blessing.
You have a good plan ... now, practice the five minute exercise?

SaraSewing 05-05-2009 10:43 AM

How disappointing to have the intended recipent disapoint you like that. I am the mom of a wonderful son whose wife left him when he was in Iraq for the first time because "It wasn't much fun to stay at home" Luckily I convinced her to give him all of the personal handmade things that came from our family. So I understand the hurt, but in a while you'll feel more like finishing the quilt. In the meantime, work oin another project. Hang in there!