Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I just love handquilting! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-just-love-handquilting-t108313.html)

olgaflowers 03-17-2011 12:39 PM

Texas hand quilter !!! love it !!!

spindreams 03-17-2011 12:49 PM

I'm another hand quilting fan. I also love needle turn applique, so none of my quilts get done very quickly. But I generally do "quilt as you go", so I can carry my applique and hand quilting projects around. I've quilted while waiting through an in-law's surgery, on plane trips, while watching T.V., and even at conferences (I sit near the back, because people don't "get" that I one can quilt and still be tuned in to what the conference speaker is saying.) Hand applique and quilting is like meditation.

Jane

Jennifer22206 03-17-2011 12:53 PM

I enjoy it too, but I'm so slow!

I'm working on a Grandmothers Flower garden right now, and I plan on hand quilting that when (hahaha!) I'm done. :)

Lucymae 03-17-2011 12:56 PM

I agree. At first my wrist hurt but now it is fine. Hand quilting is relaxing when you have to leave the machine for a while. :D

jtquilts 03-18-2011 02:18 AM

I love hand quilting, too. I always have something going that I can pick up while I also work on machine quilted projects! Some days I wander from one to the other. Love it all!

OmaForFour 03-18-2011 03:46 AM

I love handquilting also! Am working on a candlemat at the moment. SOOO nice to sit in the evening by the fire and work on this. Will need to get some other projects going too so I don't run out!

supergma 03-18-2011 03:46 AM

I love hand quilting too. Most of my quilts are hand pieced and all are hand quilted. It's very calming for me. Having said that, I love the machine quilted ones I see here on this board. Those quilters are very talented.

Homemother 03-18-2011 03:56 AM

Woot! Woot! :D I'm so glad there are so many hand quilters out there! I am working on my second quilt and hand appliqued it and hand quilted it! And I loved every second of it! Well, except for trying to get all those squares straight. Now I've got to do the boarder. On my first quilt, it took me two years to get that boarder on - so boring. I find all the hand stitching exciting and relaxing! Talk about therapy - it's so calming. Don't you find this when you hand quilt. (Just turning the sewing machine on and trying to make all those straight lines is enough to send me to the chiropractor to relieve the tension in my shoulders and back :cry: ) Hand quilting is my bag! When my quilt is done, I'll post it.

Blinky 03-18-2011 04:15 AM

Hand quilting and appliqué is my favorite!!

roadrunr 03-18-2011 04:24 AM

I do a little handquilting, I really like it, but I'm very slow and not very good at it, but I figure I need to do more of it to get the practice. Fortunately, the quilts I sew are meant to be used and not shown, so I guess if the quilting is not perfect, it doesn't really matter.