Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I know some won't agree but please reconsider (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-know-some-wont-agree-but-please-reconsider-t206793.html)

damaquilts 11-26-2012 07:25 AM

I googled my name , I use my board name for other things too. There is even a reserved listing on etsy and a review on amazon. LOL. I don't worry too much about things like that. My only thing is if they want my identity they have to take my health problems AND my family along with it. LOL Cause they sure aren't going to get any money.

alwayslearning 11-26-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5680543)
The GPS coordinates can be turned off on your cell phone or iPad...I don't know how, but would think it would be under "settings" or some such place. One more way to stay safe!!

If you turn off your GPS on your cell phone and then are in an accident and call 911, the police cannot find you. So if you pass out or do not know where you are, they cannot find you. Not a good idea.

3TreeFrog 11-26-2012 08:53 AM

I think my location is on my profile, however I will check and if not I will add it!

solstice3 11-26-2012 09:46 AM

I have no problem giving location... but not exact addy. state or area...example near Cleveland or NW Montana at least gives people a clue if they can be of assistance

glenda5253 11-26-2012 11:55 AM

I agree joyce888---adding just your state would be nice. Thanks for this thread.

GrannieAnnie 11-26-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by SewOK (Post 5678918)
Speaking of security -- My dh and I are very judicious about shredding, etc. We even belong to Lifelock. However, I shopped at a local Walmart on Tuesday afternoon and on Saturday, one of our credit card companies called to inquire if we had shopped in Farmers, Ohio on Friday. So, my advice is not to use a credit card at Walmart. Apparently their data bases are not very secure or they have people who are passing credit card numbers around.

Don't most credit card companies double check credit card usage if the amount is huge or out of the area or sometimes just to check if cards are legit? Ours does. Not often, but it does happen.

GrannieAnnie 11-26-2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog (Post 5680846)
I think my location is on my profile, however I will check and if not I will add it!

just to the left of your post, your location says Prince Edward Island, Canada

teacherbailey 11-26-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5678495)
Here in Texas, we all live on ranches, ride horses, wear cowboy hats & boots, walk with a swagger, and talk with a twang. :D

Neesie, my son lives in Central Texas--in San Angelo----and HATES that stereotype! He is from Atlanta and does not talk with a southern accent at all...but most people assume that he would. He more fits the Southern California stereotype of always being outdoors and being into running and his health! Aren't stereotypes funny?

taffy 11-26-2012 03:41 PM

I have been a member here for quite awhile--I guess I am not doing something right as not one person has even said HELLO

TanyaL 11-26-2012 03:51 PM

Taffy. Hello! sorry we haven't been friendly. IF you want to generate some comments start a thread that has strong feelings attached to it, like this does, or "when you become a GOOD quilter do you quit using patterns?" or "What is the difference in a random pattern, a crazy quilt, and a scrappy quilt?" or "I enjoy being a member of the quilt police. I notice a lot of you need instructions!"LOL a lot!!!!!