Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love my new pins! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-my-new-pins-t215240.html)

Sam Poodles 03-03-2013 05:50 AM

The clover pins come in 2 lengths. They are so fine, you'll feel like those flower head pins and all others are like SPEARS after you use them. I can't imagine using anything else now. Mine have the blue and the yellow glass heads....LOVE THEM!

stchenfool 03-03-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by J.M. (Post 5898386)
I got new pins today - the Clover patchwork pins fine. They're 0.4 mm in diameter, instead of the 0.5 mm of the pins I was using before. You wouldn't think it would make such a difference, but it really does! My pinning is much more accurate, there's much less 'pull' on my fabric, and my sewing accuracy is improved by this. So happy I decided to listen to the advice I got about this!

I love clover pins too! Happy Quilting!

DOTTYMO 03-03-2013 07:53 AM

I find pins I use become blunt very quickly . Can you sharpen them as I am always buying new.

Lori S 03-03-2013 07:58 AM

I never used to pay much attention to pins... but a fine pin really makes a big differnce. Once in awhile I will pick up one of the old pins .. and it feels like driving nails through my fabric.

AngelinaMaria 03-03-2013 08:29 AM

I purchased 2 100 packs of these for my Omigosh quilt last fall since I would be working with such tiny, tiny pieces. They are wonderful and I won't be using my other pins again. These pins are so sharp and fine that I find my finger pinned to my block many times without even knowing it (and it doesn't even hurt).

JanieH 03-03-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by J.M. (Post 5898648)
No, they have a glass head, a bulb (did that make sense?). They're usually yellow heads, but mine have either a yellow or a blue head - don't know if that's new or if people who describe them just forget to mention they're also blue... On pictures you usually only see the yellow ones.

The mystery is solved! A couple years ago a friend gave me some pins she had found at a garage sale for a nickel. Unfortunately they were in a ziploc bag and I had no way of knowing what brand they were but I have loved them! Your description of the Clover pins sounds exactly like them. As soon as I finish the board today I am off to the Clover website to find them. Thank you!

PS Stitcher 03-03-2013 10:10 AM

Me too!! One of my favorites!

yorkie luv 03-04-2013 06:21 AM

I ordered the patchwork ones yesterday from Amazon. I'm looking forward to getting them. I noticed the other day that some of my pins were finer and did not distort the fabric so much. I'm glad I came across this thread.

GrandmaSewNSew 03-04-2013 06:45 AM

I ordered them from Amazon yesterday too! They must be wondering why there is a run on those pins! :)

wordpaintervs 03-04-2013 01:26 PM

had never thought about clover pins, so thanks for posting this. I'm sure Wally World doesn't have them, so will likely have to look on line. No quilt shops in town