Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I may be traumatized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-may-traumatized-t111174.html)

ging10ging 03-28-2011 05:18 PM

Wait until your medicare card arrives in the mail it's like you know what's in the envelope and when you open it I felt older than an antique even tho I don't feel my age some days and then their are the other days. Stay 39 forever if I knew then what I know now wow.

mountain deb 03-28-2011 05:40 PM

I am doing the Jack Benny thing, I stay 39 for a while. Jeezelouise, I have been 39 for 15 years now. hehe

pjnesler 03-28-2011 06:48 PM

* * * The bright side is * * * you should now start asking for senior citizen discounts - there are so many diifferent age qualifications for this depending on where you shop - age does have its advantages!

Grandma Cindy 03-28-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Anna.425
I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.

i don't need to hear the 50 year thing-----------sticking quilt scraps in my ears!

Lalalalalalalala...

ergranny46 03-28-2011 07:28 PM

In Oklahoma you can get a license plate for your car that says "Antique" if it's 25 years old. Boy I'm really old, but I'm still running on all 8 cylinders.

jpthequilter 03-28-2011 08:10 PM

I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.

Wait until you are 81! and I WAS in my 30s fifty years ago! and stuff kept being invented! LAL (LAUGHED AND LAUGHED!)

donnalynett 03-28-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I feel so very old when I go to antique shops with DH and DD and see toys that DH and I played with. I feel even older when younger DD doesn't know what a dial phone is. LOL!

I tried to explain to my granddaughter what a record album was.....finally just said it is like a great big CD.

Rose_P 03-28-2011 09:06 PM

I went to the Dallas quilt show recently and didn't realize until later when I was sorting my purse that I had been charged the senior rate, although I am 2 years too young for the posted cut-off. I didn't notice at the time because I didn't remember what the ticket price was supposed to be (a senior moment, no doubt). I don't know if I'm happy to have saved that dollar.

When I go to "antique" stores, almost everything seems like a flash-back to my youth. Sigh. I tell myself that there just aren't a lot of real antiques in Texas because almost nobody lived here before air conditioning. Seriously, to be an antique, doesn't it have to be at least a hundred years old, unless it's a car? "Vintage" just means "old enough that most have been pitched".

ladyredhawk 03-28-2011 09:10 PM

You are using bad language now i'm 57 be 58 in April. I know what you mean about being 30 my body is worn but in my head i'm 30.

JoanneS 03-28-2011 09:49 PM

Honey, if you're vintage, I don't want to know what I am!