Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I miss my quilting!!!! :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-miss-my-quilting-t72517.html)

Cyn 10-28-2010 07:09 AM

Try the quilt as you go method because you can use time away from sewing room/supplies to quilt. I love it. I get all but hand sewing done and carry around that so when I am sitting waiting on appointments, traveling, dinner to cook, laundry to dry or what ever- I can sew! I'n surprised by how fast it goes.

nab 10-28-2010 07:18 AM

You will figure it out. My son teaches FT HS English. He has been there for a number of years and has figured out how to work his hobbies into his schedule. Give it time. I'm sure it will get easier. I really respect teachers, not just because my son is one, but because it is a LOT of work. I don't think I could be put in a room with that many kids and survive. Thanks for doing a job so many other cannot do. Good luck with finding your time to quilt.

mhansen6 10-28-2010 07:22 AM

I understand how you feel. I work full time also and trying to find time to do the laundry, clean house, go shopping for grocery, etc and quilt is almost impossible. Also I am not as young as I used to be and I am really tired after a long day at work. It is all I can do to make dinner, clean the dishes, pet the cat and climb in bed. Quilting is done on the weekends. I am going to a quilt retreat soon and I am really looking forward to it. Nothing to do but sew for 3 days.

Spring 10-28-2010 07:25 AM

well I felt bad for you until I got to the St. Croix part...just kidding.

I don't know how teachers have any kind of life outside of their students. Your day never ends. It takes a special kind of person to be a teacher.

Im sure that as soon as you get back into the groove of things you will find quilting time again.

Marye 10-28-2010 08:15 AM

I was in the same slump about things not getting done and when can i do my sewing. I found the site of FLYLady.net and read about this and now I love myself flying. I have more time so sew, I have a 4,000 square foot house a 89 mother and 75 year old husband me 62, my house is ready for all kinds of company. Just read it for a few minutes and get some ideas. I worked for 40 years. just retired.

jdeery 10-28-2010 08:27 AM

One thing, I find, is a keep a bag of quilting mag, in my car, and
when I go somewhere, I can bring them and look at them. It
helps me quilt at least in my head.

Pat M. 10-28-2010 09:55 AM

When I was working ft I would set up my sewing into 15 min. jobs. That way I could sew and then get to work on time. I was amazed at what could be done.

DoxieMom 10-28-2010 01:35 PM

I teach high school, too, and also regret that I don't have more time for sewing and quilting. Some nights I'm too tired to do more than hang out in my sewing room, petting fabric and dreaming about future projects. I do try to do a little something everyday and more on the weekends. I agree with other posters that it will get better after you settle into a routine!

pdolls 10-28-2010 01:52 PM

I get up a half hour early to quilt may not seem like much but just enough to ground you for the day I also try to leave the project ready to run through the machine.

Shemjo 10-28-2010 01:55 PM

Hope you can get in a routine soon. I am retired from teaching, but have a part time job at my church and quilt with the ladies there 2 days a week. Sewing at home is still hard to do.