Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I miss my quilting!!!! :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-miss-my-quilting-t72517.html)

auntjo 10-26-2010 05:36 PM

I haven't touched anything in my sewing room for over a month now.

I knew it would happen - I took a f/t teaching position, & I do know what that means!... I am still holding out hope that soon I'll be into some kind of a manageable routine where I can get back to it, but in the meantime I'm exhausted & I do so miss all the quilting projects I was getting done, started, & the machine quilting I was learning on my new frame set up (since end of July) w/our guilds charity quilts.

1st there was a G'ma week end of September, then a week vacation DH had planned & we thoroughly enjoyed to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands, then as soon as we got back had the week of Fall break to get a new room arranged, & curriculum materials together, learn a different computer system, & be ready to start teaching HS math as I did agree to take over this class for the rest of the year. & I am now into my 2nd week teaching F/T & am so missing my semi-retirement & sticking w/ subbing the past couple years since my accident. Plus I haven't even looked at math for the most of the past couple years so what's not spend grading & planning, is spent refreshing my knowledge - but it so fell in my lap!!

I just keep telling myself after the first few weeks I'll figure out a way to get some portion of my life back, but with a month out of my quilting element, I'm wanting it back sooner rather than later...

..Ok - got that off my chest... off to grade some more make up work papers since progress reports come out next week & the kids are panicking about their grades (now)...

Sadiemae 10-26-2010 05:41 PM

I always hated makeup work. It will get easier. Hope you can quilt soon.

np3 10-26-2010 05:42 PM

I understand all too well! Retired last fall and now I quilt all I want!!!!

MamaBear61 10-26-2010 05:46 PM

You will get it figured out.

luv-e 10-26-2010 05:50 PM

You will get a routine going before you know it. You miss quilting that much, You will find a way to get it in there.

Jennifer22206 10-26-2010 05:51 PM

I understand! I'm a full time teacher of high school students, and I do college teaching part time. In addition I've got an almost 2 year old. I don't get nearly enough time on my sewing machine. It does get easier, you'll fall into a routine, takes a month or two once you get settled in with work.

quiltnmom 10-26-2010 05:54 PM

You'll figure something out. I work full time as well. It is tough. Sometimes I don't quilt all week but on the weekend that's all I do. I make sure I get any supplies I think I'll need during the week then on Saturday morning a quick breakfast (for energy) and sew, sew, sew. Crock pot, take out or something frozen for dinner.

bj 10-26-2010 06:02 PM

Once you get in your routine, it'll get a lot easier. I always got more done during the school year than in the summer. I was a huge procrastinator in the summer because I didn't have anything pressing my time. Good luck and make yourself rest!

scrapykate 10-26-2010 06:05 PM

Hang in there, you'll soon find the time. Even if it's only a half an hour in the evening, you can call it your de-stressing time and leave all the school stuff behind while you sew. I was a high school nurse and needed that time, no matter how short to help me relax.
Kate

littlehud 10-26-2010 06:53 PM

I'm sure it will settle down soon and there will be time again.