Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-must-clean-bathrooms-before-i-quilt-t127014.html)

Annaquilts 05-31-2011 02:20 PM

Yes, I am decluttering bedrooms before I can have fun.

conniek 05-31-2011 02:26 PM

I too bribe myself if I clean....thenI can go into the quilting room...sometimes supper is not quite what I had planned because the quilt room won!

conniek 05-31-2011 02:29 PM

I just cover the couch with an old sheet and when company comes over pull the sheet off... and wonder of wonders the couch is clean..use to steam clean it got smart and have more time to quilt!!!

BellaBoo 05-31-2011 02:40 PM

I taught my kids since age three to never leave the bathroom until it is tidy. As they got older the were expected to dry the shower walls with a used towel and never ever leave the bathroom with the sink in a mess and everything put away. No way I was going to clean up their sloppy mess, they made it they can clean it. I don't clean up other's messes unless they are ill.

montanajan 05-31-2011 03:03 PM

We have a Bible Study each Tuesday evening at our home - so I have to clean before it starts each week. I'm leaving the board right now to dust the living room furniture, make the coffee, lemonade, slice the roast for the pot luck we're having this evening. I should have done all this sooner, but wanted to quilt a bit, & that always ends up taking more time - next time I'll clean first then quilt!

OneMoreQuilt 05-31-2011 03:29 PM

I bribe myself all of the time. Luckily, summer break is just around the corner (I am a teacher) so I'll have more time for quilting!!!

SharBear 05-31-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc

Originally Posted by Tartan
I always clean the house on Friday. That way it looks nice for the weekend in case I have company. I do my wash on Saturday due to lower electricity rates. That leaves me 5 other days to quilt, Yeah!

That is a good routine. Interesting that you have different electricity rates on Saturday.

Before I had my son my husband worked a job where he travelled Monday through Friday. He was home Friday night, Saturday and then would leave on Sunday. My house was never so clean! It is nicer having him home (and of course I just adore my little one) but I sure do miss those days of minimal cleaning and maximum crafting! :)

Funny, my husband travels a lot too - and even with my two boys (9 and 10) the house stays cleaner when he is on the road than when he is here.

SharBear 05-31-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I taught my kids since age three to never leave the bathroom until it is tidy. As they got older the were expected to dry the shower walls with a used towel and never ever leave the bathroom with the sink in a mess and everything put away. No way I was going to clean up their sloppy mess, they made it they can clean it. I don't clean up other's messes unless they are ill.

you are my hero! I'm working with two boys on their "aim" - there's a container of Lysol wipes right under the sink. And they can come back and clean up after themselves. I tell them that "God didn't put me here to clean up after you, he put me here to teach you to clean up after yourself!"

CoyoteQuilts 05-31-2011 05:01 PM

You do it more often then I do.... Because of the 'cat' I at least vacuum (or try to) once a week, bathrooms get a 'lick and a promise' when they need it and it's a good thing I have a dish washer because I hate doing dishes..... The only thing I really do on a regular basis is the laundry---I hate to go naked :)

mom2boys 05-31-2011 05:02 PM

I gave up on the clean house years ago, but I do make sure all my chores are done before I start a big project. It's nice the boys are older now and at least do dishes and vacuum