Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need an idea for quilts for twin boys (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-idea-quilts-twin-boys-t303896.html)

craft 03-29-2019 05:53 AM

I need an idea for quilts for twin boys

I want to make a quilt for two little boys who are twins. Should I make them the same because they are twins or different from each other. What would you do? I am also open to ideas what kind of quilt to make for them. The boys will be two this coming July and will be going to a big boy toddler bed soon. Their mom just had a little girl last week.

Thanks you all for your help friends.

nativetexan 03-29-2019 06:12 AM

scottie dogs for one and maybe giraffes or elephants for the other would be cute.

thimblebug6000 03-29-2019 06:23 AM

For twin boys I made the Yellow Brick Road pattern and used different coloured borders.

Iceblossom 03-29-2019 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When my son was little and had bunk beds, I started to collect western fabrics for Cowboy Boot blocks. Each of the tops had about half of the same boots and half different. Unfortunately, I didn't get the fabrics collected in time nor the tops pieced until long after the bunk beds had gone. But now I'm expecting a grandbaby so the tops have been put back in the "yeah, I need to quilt those down" list. I have the backs and binding and everything...

I started with the pattern in Quilter's Newsletter decades ago, but ended up drafting my own. It's a bit odd, slightly rectangular rather than square, but I got the boot I was happiest with that way. Be happy to provide you with that if it sounds good to you.

Let's see if I can post a picture...

Kitsie 03-29-2019 06:39 AM

For grandkids I did different patterns, same fabrics.

Jojk 03-29-2019 07:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
For my nephews (2 yrs apart in age) I went the "same but different" route. I keyed on their favorite colors (red vs blue), used some prints the same in both, and some prints different. I loved that I found the "flames" in red and blue as well. The quilts are a disappearing nine patch but because I used so many different prints it came out quirky. But I loved them and call them Chaos Contained. I figured it was appropriate for 2 pre-teens.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610900[/ATTACH]

Tartan 03-29-2019 09:16 AM

With twins, I would do I Spy squares and put red borders on one and green borders on the other.

dunster 03-29-2019 09:16 AM

I agree with jojk, "same but different." Although with 2-year-old twins, they will be sharing all the time anyway.

Jordan 03-29-2019 11:31 AM

I think the Warm Wishes pattern would look nice with the same theme fabric in the large areas and then different sashing fabrics.

craft 03-29-2019 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 8232688)
I think the Warm Wishes pattern would look nice with the same theme fabric in the large areas and then different sashing fabrics.

I have not heard of Warm Wishes patterns before.