Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need six more hands and two more heads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-six-more-hands-two-more-heads-t38299.html)

pam1966 03-01-2010 11:44 AM

I have, at last count: one quilt I'm quilting, one I *was* quilting and put away for now, one I've pieced and got tired of looking at, a few PP blocks I want to make into a wall hanging, several tube blocks that I'm going to make into a quilt for my DD, the thread and material to do some embroidery blocks in butterflies that I really liked, and a quilt that I really messed up BADLY that I'm debating to cut up and use for other things.

Plus, I have a 2 year old DS, a messy house, dirty laundry, a couple of house guests due next week, a mess of a computer room and my "sewing" room (the dining room) which I had all nice and neat at the beginning of the year looks like a hurricane hit it.

So why am I sitting at the computer complaining about it all instead of doing something? Because I knew you all would understand! :)

amma 03-01-2010 11:48 AM

LMBO that sounds like a very typical quilters life/home/quandry :D:D:D

skpkatydid 03-01-2010 11:52 AM

The only thing I am lacking is the 2 year old and it could be me you are talking about. (grin). Hang in there...some way the more important things get done and the rest will wait.

QBeth 03-01-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by pam1966
I have, at last count: one quilt I'm quilting, one I *was* quilting and put away for now, one I've pieced and got tired of looking at, a few PP blocks I want to make into a wall hanging, several tube blocks that I'm going to make into a quilt for my DD, the thread and material to do some embroidery blocks in butterflies that I really liked, and a quilt that I really messed up BADLY that I'm debating to cut up and use for other things.

Plus, I have a 2 year old DS, a messy house, dirty laundry, a couple of house guests due next week, a mess of a computer room and my "sewing" room (the dining room) which I had all nice and neat at the beginning of the year looks like a hurricane hit it.

So why am I sitting at the computer complaining about it all instead of doing something? Because I knew you all would understand! :)

To quote, "I need six more hands and two more heads "

As they say, pictures please! :) Not of the house. Of you, with three heads and six more hands. I need to see if I'd like the look before I ask for the same!!

vicki75 03-01-2010 11:54 AM

Are you sure you're not at my house??? My dining room looks like a fabric tornado hit...My DS asked me why I don't move the fabric so he and his sister can eat at the breakfast table? I just laughed and told him because I'm in the middle of cutting stuff out. Maybe someday they can sit there and eat until then we have a perfectly good floor in the family room.

I too have about 5 projects started and about 500 left to start.... :shock:

Just remember there's always tomorrow and as long as no one has to run around naked...you're good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pam1966 03-01-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by amma
LMBO that sounds like a very typical quilters life/home/quandry :D:D:D

That's why I'm sitting here, eating chocolate and feeling the love. :lol:

Deb watkins 03-01-2010 12:05 PM

Hey - if you are a quilter and your house is picked up, the laundry done and the dishes are done, then you apparently don't have enough projects started.

shaverg 03-01-2010 12:06 PM

I wish I could say I ONLY had 5 projects started :oops: :roll: :shock:

pam1966 03-01-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Hey - if you are a quilter and your house is picked up, the laundry done and the dishes are done, then you apparently don't have enough projects started.

I like the way you think!!

pam1966 03-01-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by shaverg
I wish I could say I ONLY had 5 projects started :oops: :roll: :shock:

I forgot one more- I have the material cut for a quilt I'm making for Mother's Day. But hey, that's a couple months away, right?