Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need six more hands and two more heads >

I need six more hands and two more heads

I need six more hands and two more heads

Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
pam1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 538
Default

I have, at last count: one quilt I'm quilting, one I *was* quilting and put away for now, one I've pieced and got tired of looking at, a few PP blocks I want to make into a wall hanging, several tube blocks that I'm going to make into a quilt for my DD, the thread and material to do some embroidery blocks in butterflies that I really liked, and a quilt that I really messed up BADLY that I'm debating to cut up and use for other things.

Plus, I have a 2 year old DS, a messy house, dirty laundry, a couple of house guests due next week, a mess of a computer room and my "sewing" room (the dining room) which I had all nice and neat at the beginning of the year looks like a hurricane hit it.

So why am I sitting at the computer complaining about it all instead of doing something? Because I knew you all would understand! :)
pam1966 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
  #2  
Power Poster
 
amma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Out searching for some sunshine :-)
Posts: 58,857
Default

LMBO that sounds like a very typical quilters life/home/quandry :D:D:D
amma is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
skpkatydid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 371
Default

The only thing I am lacking is the 2 year old and it could be me you are talking about. (grin). Hang in there...some way the more important things get done and the rest will wait.
skpkatydid is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
QBeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,463
Default

Originally Posted by pam1966
I have, at last count: one quilt I'm quilting, one I *was* quilting and put away for now, one I've pieced and got tired of looking at, a few PP blocks I want to make into a wall hanging, several tube blocks that I'm going to make into a quilt for my DD, the thread and material to do some embroidery blocks in butterflies that I really liked, and a quilt that I really messed up BADLY that I'm debating to cut up and use for other things.

Plus, I have a 2 year old DS, a messy house, dirty laundry, a couple of house guests due next week, a mess of a computer room and my "sewing" room (the dining room) which I had all nice and neat at the beginning of the year looks like a hurricane hit it.

So why am I sitting at the computer complaining about it all instead of doing something? Because I knew you all would understand! :)
To quote, "I need six more hands and two more heads "

As they say, pictures please! :) Not of the house. Of you, with three heads and six more hands. I need to see if I'd like the look before I ask for the same!!
QBeth is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
vicki75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Burkburnett TX
Posts: 328
Default

Are you sure you're not at my house??? My dining room looks like a fabric tornado hit...My DS asked me why I don't move the fabric so he and his sister can eat at the breakfast table? I just laughed and told him because I'm in the middle of cutting stuff out. Maybe someday they can sit there and eat until then we have a perfectly good floor in the family room.

I too have about 5 projects started and about 500 left to start.... :shock:

Just remember there's always tomorrow and as long as no one has to run around naked...you're good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
vicki75 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
pam1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 538
Default

Originally Posted by amma
LMBO that sounds like a very typical quilters life/home/quandry :D:D:D
That's why I'm sitting here, eating chocolate and feeling the love. :lol:
pam1966 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Deb watkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Horseheads, NY 14845
Posts: 4,025
Default

Hey - if you are a quilter and your house is picked up, the laundry done and the dishes are done, then you apparently don't have enough projects started.
Deb watkins is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
shaverg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,981
Default

I wish I could say I ONLY had 5 projects started :oops: :roll: :shock:
shaverg is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
pam1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 538
Default

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Hey - if you are a quilter and your house is picked up, the laundry done and the dishes are done, then you apparently don't have enough projects started.
I like the way you think!!
pam1966 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
pam1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 538
Default

Originally Posted by shaverg
I wish I could say I ONLY had 5 projects started :oops: :roll: :shock:
I forgot one more- I have the material cut for a quilt I'm making for Mother's Day. But hey, that's a couple months away, right?
pam1966 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
gigigray032447
Pictures
100
06-05-2014 06:14 PM
ptquilts
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
11
09-28-2011 10:12 AM
Cattyqwltr
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
2
09-13-2011 05:21 AM
Ditter43
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
57
03-18-2011 05:34 AM
toomanycats
Main
75
02-23-2011 10:56 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.