Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need a snake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-snake-t143307.html)

Greenheron 08-07-2011 03:59 PM

Milk snakes are beautifully patterned and quite easy to handle.

Cybrarian 08-07-2011 04:23 PM

Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?

Lostn51 08-07-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by applique
Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.

I should have gave you the one of the copperhead that bit me in the face a few months ago. That was about as close up as you an get!

Billy

texpat45 08-07-2011 04:33 PM

I love the title of this post! I laugh every time I see it! Just had to say it's an attention getter!

Cybrarian...yes, you win the TMI prize! A Milk Snake named Milk Shake...OMG!!

EdieClay 08-07-2011 04:38 PM

Ewwww ... I don't think I could sleep under a quilt with a snake on it. :(

Just Jan 08-07-2011 04:58 PM

I'm having a real laugh this week from this board. Yesterday I was reading about the ugliest fabric contest and someone posted a pix of what they dubbed snake skin. The reviews were funny and seems nobody liked it. Well now here goes again, nobody wants to sleep under a snake quilt. What has me laughing is that I am currently working on an antique pattern called "Snakes in the Hollow" and I chose that same fabric for my snakes. The rest of the blocks are string pieced on foundation squares using multi color fabrics and prints. I think its getting quite beautiful and I adore it! Guess I will have to finish it and post a picture for everyone else to hate! LOL ;o)

applique 08-07-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by applique
Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.

I should have gave you the one of the copperhead that bit me in the face a few months ago. That was about as close up as you an get!

Billy

Now that is nasty! Glad you're OK.

applique 08-07-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan
I'm having a real laugh this week from this board. Yesterday I was reading about the ugliest fabric contest and someone posted a pix of what they dubbed snake skin. The reviews were funny and seems nobody liked it. Well now here goes again, nobody wants to sleep under a snake quilt. What has me laughing is that I am currently working on an antique pattern called "Snakes in the Hollow" and I chose that same fabric for my snakes. The rest of the blocks are string pieced on foundation squares using multi color fabrics and prints. I think its getting quite beautiful and I adore it! Guess I will have to finish it and post a picture for everyone else to hate! LOL ;o)

I'm not familiar with that block. Got to check it out.

applique 08-07-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?

Actually it is based on a true story involving my son. I am doing the quilt in applique with the story printed with each picture/block. Once it is done, I'll have my BIL, who is a quilt photographer, take pictures so each picture/block will be a page in the book.The back of the book will be a how to make a similar type of quilt.

sewnbug 08-07-2011 06:00 PM

Ewwwww!!