Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: I need a snake

  1. #1
    Super Member applique's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,412
    Blog Entries
    23
    Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,306
    good luck! I'd try a google search and just start browsing the pics.

  3. #3
    Senior Member collady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesville, Arkansas
    Posts
    853
    There are tons of pictures of milk snakes at google images.

  4. #4
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.
    Yuk!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

  5. #5
    Super Member Raggiemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,585
    Show us a picture when you're done!

  6. #6
    Super Member Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    El Paso Tx
    Posts
    1,431
    Yikes! I want to see the final quilt!

  7. #7
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    VIRGINIA
    Posts
    22,502
    yuk i dont like snakes

  8. #8
    Super Member merry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    1,630
    Here is a link for milk snake images

    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...mage&FORM=IGRE

    Hope this helps.

  9. #9
    Super Member applique's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,412
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by merry
    Here is a link for milk snake images

    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...mage&FORM=IGRE

    Hope this helps.
    Good grief. There are so many and so different! Thanks, I've found a couple that I can use.

  10. #10
    Super Member ksea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,635
    Blog Entries
    1
    On my, I'm not sure I could snuggle up with a quilt with a snake on it!!!

  11. #11
    Super Member Greenheron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Briery Mountain in WV
    Posts
    2,619
    Milk snakes are beautifully patterned and quite easy to handle.

  12. #12
    Super Member Cybrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, Florida
    Posts
    2,143
    Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.
    I should have gave you the one of the copperhead that bit me in the face a few months ago. That was about as close up as you an get!

    Billy

  14. #14
    Senior Member texpat45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N Texas
    Posts
    533
    I love the title of this post! I laugh every time I see it! Just had to say it's an attention getter!

    Cybrarian...yes, you win the TMI prize! A Milk Snake named Milk Shake...OMG!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member EdieClay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ten Mile, Tennessee
    Posts
    868
    Ewwww ... I don't think I could sleep under a quilt with a snake on it. :(

  16. #16
    Super Member Just Jan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,558
    I'm having a real laugh this week from this board. Yesterday I was reading about the ugliest fabric contest and someone posted a pix of what they dubbed snake skin. The reviews were funny and seems nobody liked it. Well now here goes again, nobody wants to sleep under a snake quilt. What has me laughing is that I am currently working on an antique pattern called "Snakes in the Hollow" and I chose that same fabric for my snakes. The rest of the blocks are string pieced on foundation squares using multi color fabrics and prints. I think its getting quite beautiful and I adore it! Guess I will have to finish it and post a picture for everyone else to hate! LOL ;o)

  17. #17
    Super Member applique's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,412
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.
    I should have gave you the one of the copperhead that bit me in the face a few months ago. That was about as close up as you an get!

    Billy
    Now that is nasty! Glad you're OK.

  18. #18
    Super Member applique's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,412
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jan
    I'm having a real laugh this week from this board. Yesterday I was reading about the ugliest fabric contest and someone posted a pix of what they dubbed snake skin. The reviews were funny and seems nobody liked it. Well now here goes again, nobody wants to sleep under a snake quilt. What has me laughing is that I am currently working on an antique pattern called "Snakes in the Hollow" and I chose that same fabric for my snakes. The rest of the blocks are string pieced on foundation squares using multi color fabrics and prints. I think its getting quite beautiful and I adore it! Guess I will have to finish it and post a picture for everyone else to hate! LOL ;o)
    I'm not familiar with that block. Got to check it out.

  19. #19
    Super Member applique's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,412
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?
    Actually it is based on a true story involving my son. I am doing the quilt in applique with the story printed with each picture/block. Once it is done, I'll have my BIL, who is a quilt photographer, take pictures so each picture/block will be a page in the book.The back of the book will be a how to make a similar type of quilt.

  20. #20
    Senior Member sewnbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid MIchigan
    Posts
    572
    Ewwwww!!

  21. #21
    Super Member merry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?
    Actually it is based on a true story involving my son. I am doing the quilt in applique with the story printed with each picture/block. Once it is done, I'll have my BIL, who is a quilt photographer, take pictures so each picture/block will be a page in the book.The back of the book will be a how to make a similar type of quilt.


    Hope you post pictures it's sounds very interesting

  22. #22
    a regular here
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lansing, Mi.
    Posts
    678
    Blog Entries
    1
    Have you check the encyclopedia.

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,236
    Blog Entries
    6
    Why would you put Satan in a quilt?

  24. #24
    Super Member MaryAnnMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Posts
    1,661
    Oh, just a picture?? I was about to run outside and catch a live snake for you. Darn. LOL

  25. #25
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,453
    You're looking for milk snakes and I'm looking for pit bulls! My, sometimes I agree with family and friends who think that quilters are just plain weird!!! (until they get something special made with just them in mind!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.