Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I need a snake >
  • I need a snake

• I need a snake

Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Milk snakes are beautifully patterned and quite easy to handle.
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by applique
    Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.
    I should have gave you the one of the copperhead that bit me in the face a few months ago. That was about as close up as you an get!

Billy
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 PM

I love the title of this post! I laugh every time I see it! Just had to say it's an attention getter!

Cybrarian...yes, you win the TMI prize! A Milk Snake named Milk Shake...OMG!!
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Ewwww ... I don't think I could sleep under a quilt with a snake on it. :(
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:58 PM

I'm having a real laugh this week from this board. Yesterday I was reading about the ugliest fabric contest and someone posted a pix of what they dubbed snake skin. The reviews were funny and seems nobody liked it. Well now here goes again, nobody wants to sleep under a snake quilt. What has me laughing is that I am currently working on an antique pattern called "Snakes in the Hollow" and I chose that same fabric for my snakes. The rest of the blocks are string pieced on foundation squares using multi color fabrics and prints. I think its getting quite beautiful and I adore it! Guess I will have to finish it and post a picture for everyone else to hate! LOL ;o)
    Old 08-07-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Originally Posted by applique
    Really! I'm looking for a real good close up of a milk snake for my quilt. I hope to also make it part of a children's book.
    I should have gave you the one of the copperhead that bit me in the face a few months ago. That was about as close up as you an get!

Billy
    Now that is nasty! Glad you're OK.
    Old 08-07-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan
    I'm having a real laugh this week from this board. Yesterday I was reading about the ugliest fabric contest and someone posted a pix of what they dubbed snake skin. The reviews were funny and seems nobody liked it. Well now here goes again, nobody wants to sleep under a snake quilt. What has me laughing is that I am currently working on an antique pattern called "Snakes in the Hollow" and I chose that same fabric for my snakes. The rest of the blocks are string pieced on foundation squares using multi color fabrics and prints. I think its getting quite beautiful and I adore it! Guess I will have to finish it and post a picture for everyone else to hate! LOL ;o)
    I'm not familiar with that block. Got to check it out.
    Old 08-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    Easy to handle or not I'll take a milk shake over a milk snake any day! Hey if anyone gets a pet milk snake they can name it Milk Shake! Okay, I am totally off the quilt track now... I too would like to see a pic of the finished quilt, and being a school librarian I want to know more about this possible book. Debbie are you thinking Eric Carle like? Your Avatar looks like a character from Kathryn Lasky's new series about wolves [fyi: K.Lasky wrote the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series for those of you who may have seen the animated owl movie with your kids or grandkids.]Hmmm do I get the too much info prize?
    Actually it is based on a true story involving my son. I am doing the quilt in applique with the story printed with each picture/block. Once it is done, I'll have my BIL, who is a quilt photographer, take pictures so each picture/block will be a page in the book.The back of the book will be a how to make a similar type of quilt.
    Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Ewwwww!!