Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I now have a LOCAL quilt store!!! Yay! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-now-have-local-quilt-store-yay-t53729.html)

stefanib123 07-10-2010 07:31 AM

I feel like I discovered a pot of gold in my backyard!I am doing a happy dance, LOL!

A local lady finally opened her store! AND she has classes and groups and clubs and BOMs and and and and.....

LOL! You just can't imagine how happy I am! Well, you guys probably can....

I've only had Walmart close to me for quilting supplies, and anything else was hours away. She was supposed to open in Dec. and had some problems, she "opened" online but just opened the actualy place last month! And I just now found out about it!

I can't wait to go to some of the classes and join some groups! They have a "$5" quilt club, which meets once a month and you recieve your block supplies for free.

They have a "Scrappy Girls Gang" which is described here:

The Scrappy”Girl Gang” Club is sure to be a great time! We are still working out the details, but the basics are as follows:

With your one time a year club fee $10.00 you will receive a plastic tote with a few scraps in it. During the month you use some of the scraps, add more scraps to the tote, and bring the tote to the next club meeting. The next meeting you will get another tote with someone else's scraps to take home and add to your project. Each month you'll take a few, add a few, and explore the world of scrappy quilting.

This new club will start August 3!Stay tuned for more details !

I can't wait to join that one!

They also have a "sit and sew" day once a month where you are to bring your sewing machine, a potluck dish and just have fun! I CAN"T WAIT!

But my favorite is the "Applique Group"! It sounds great! They have a few more, but these are the ones I'm most excited about.

They have a whole bunch of different classes and several "Block of the Month" groups, too. And the BIGGIE: They have/keep full stock of MODA! Yay! LOL!

I am sooooooooo excited!! I hardly know anyone that quilts(well, some family used to but not anymore) and I look forward to meeting some quilters in real life! I've never taken a class, I've never been to anything like that.

I am going to a class on Monday for beginner quilters! I can't wait til Monday!

MamaBear61 07-10-2010 07:33 AM

Lucky you, sounds like you are going to be having some fun!

luv-e 07-10-2010 07:40 AM

Stephani, That is wonderful! That is really good when an owner comes up with different things to do in their store. Something for everyone. When I get to visit my uncle; I'll have to go over the hill and check it out. Have a great time Monday...............

sweet 07-10-2010 07:44 AM

YEA!!!! Sounds like a little piece of heaven!

thequilterslink 07-10-2010 07:57 AM

How wonderful!! i want to go sew, just hearing about it. Hope it is everything you want and more. Enjoy!!

amma 07-10-2010 07:58 AM

I can't wait to hear more about the groups and classes :D:D:D

sewcrafty 07-10-2010 08:27 AM

Sounds like its going to be a lot of fun!!!

sharon b 07-10-2010 08:31 AM

WOO HOO :thumbup: i am excited for you :mrgreen: keep us posted on your classes

daniellern76 07-10-2010 08:32 AM

Hooray for you! I would be lost without my LQS's!

Jim's Gem 07-10-2010 10:03 AM

How exciting!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your new shop and all the things it has to offer!