Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I now have a LOCAL quilt store!!! Yay!

I feel like I discovered a pot of gold in my backyard!I am doing a happy dance, LOL!

A local lady finally opened her store! AND she has classes and groups and clubs and BOMs and and and and.....

LOL! You just can't imagine how happy I am! Well, you guys probably can....

I've only had Walmart close to me for quilting supplies, and anything else was hours away. She was supposed to open in Dec. and had some problems, she "opened" online but just opened the actualy place last month! And I just now found out about it!

I can't wait to go to some of the classes and join some groups! They have a "$5" quilt club, which meets once a month and you recieve your block supplies for free.

They have a "Scrappy Girls Gang" which is described here:

The Scrappy”Girl Gang” Club is sure to be a great time! We are still working out the details, but the basics are as follows:

With your one time a year club fee $10.00 you will receive a plastic tote with a few scraps in it. During the month you use some of the scraps, add more scraps to the tote, and bring the tote to the next club meeting. The next meeting you will get another tote with someone else's scraps to take home and add to your project. Each month you'll take a few, add a few, and explore the world of scrappy quilting.

This new club will start August 3!Stay tuned for more details !

I can't wait to join that one!

They also have a "sit and sew" day once a month where you are to bring your sewing machine, a potluck dish and just have fun! I CAN"T WAIT!

But my favorite is the "Applique Group"! It sounds great! They have a few more, but these are the ones I'm most excited about.

They have a whole bunch of different classes and several "Block of the Month" groups, too. And the BIGGIE: They have/keep full stock of MODA! Yay! LOL!

I am sooooooooo excited!! I hardly know anyone that quilts(well, some family used to but not anymore) and I look forward to meeting some quilters in real life! I've never taken a class, I've never been to anything like that.

I am going to a class on Monday for beginner quilters! I can't wait til Monday!

Lucky you, sounds like you are going to be having some fun!

Stephani, That is wonderful! That is really good when an owner comes up with different things to do in their store. Something for everyone. When I get to visit my uncle; I'll have to go over the hill and check it out. Have a great time Monday...............

YEA!!!! Sounds like a little piece of heaven!

How wonderful!! i want to go sew, just hearing about it. Hope it is everything you want and more. Enjoy!!

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to hear more about the groups and classes :D:D:D

Sounds like its going to be a lot of fun!!!

Blog Entries
    WOO HOO :thumbup: i am excited for you :mrgreen: keep us posted on your classes

Hooray for you! I would be lost without my LQS's!

How exciting!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your new shop and all the things it has to offer!

Im excited for you! Now you will have even more project ideas in your head! YEAH!

Blog Entries
    Wow, when she's got established, can you get her to open one on my doorstep please?

I say YAY too. I am at my summer place and checked out a quilt shop that I found last fall. Wow!!! It is only 3 miles away. I have signed up for a class scheduled next week and got the supplies needed. Hope to be able to schedule 2 more next month. Sewing is a passion and now I don't feel so alone. I look forward to spending a lot of time there.

Lucky you and I'm glad that you're sew excited!!! I hope with the economy the way it is that this LQS can stay open!! Keep us posted about all your fun at the LQS!!

Sounds like fun!

Lucky You! Mine is an hr away and I am getting disillusioned about it. It just doesn't have the "feel" of some others I have been in, but I still go there and do my own thing. I have had some luck with finding material that suits my fancy.....

I don't think of myself as a jealous person, but........

Enjoy, it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
    I don't think of myself as a jealous person, but........

Enjoy, it sounds great.
    Mrs.fitz, I totally understand. I've always read things here and on other boards about going to here or there for all these fun things, but I never could because there was nothing like that around here.

I spoke to the owner of the shop today. She is lovely! And she actually knows what 'Basic Grey" is and carries the fabric! I have loooooved Basic Grey scrapbook paper for years, and when they came out with fabric, I about flipped, LOL!

I think this is going to be a great thing......

Oh, Lucky you! SOunds like a great store!

I could "hear" the excitement in your voice as I read your post. It sounds like you will be spending a lot of your time at your new quilt shop...hooray!
    As I was reading your post I thought to myself that it sounds like the owner is really going all out to have fun activities and classes and that you will surely meet some new friends that share your love of quilting. I'm excited for you :-D :-D :-D

Wow, that is great. You are going to have so much fun. I'm happy for you.

Stefani, where is it in KY? Anywhere close to Richmond/Lexington/Berea?

Blog Entries
    I think you have hit the jack pot, This sound like to much fun ;) Enjoy and keep us posted. I love to hear about how quilting stores are getting creative. Makes me a little :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Ginaky
    Stefani, where is it in KY? Anywhere close to Richmond/Lexington/Berea?
    No, it's in Pikeville, in Eastern Ky. It's about 2 and a half hours from Lexington.

But, someone told me they have a few big events planned, with big sales that would probably be worth the trip, LOL!

FUN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast