Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I quilt alone!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-quilt-alone-t21315.html)

Mariposa 09-03-2010 05:08 AM

Grrenfairy-Hello, and welcome from WA state! :) You have found a great place to chat with other like-minded folks, and we have fun! Glad you have joined us!

laughingquilter 09-03-2010 05:20 AM

Hi GreenFairy - Welcome! You'll learn so much from this board! I don't post that often but I'm constantly "lurking" and learning so much. These quilters are amazing!

julybaby8 09-03-2010 05:35 AM

Welcome. I like to tour the board too. I've learned some new things and I love to see what others have accomplished. It's inspiring. :-)

sylviak 09-03-2010 05:58 AM

I quilt alone, too! I live out in the country and there just aren't many quilters in the area. I just recently joined a group about 20 miles from me that meets once a month...that helps..but there is really no one close to confer or visit with that quilts. I'm active on two boards that give me an opportunity to ask questions and show my work. Although I have quilted for others, I don't consider myself a professional. Most of my quilts end up as gifts!

There's nothing like being around other quilters to stimulate your creativity and inspire you to be the best that you can be. We all have things to learn (I've got a lot to learn!) and learning is what makes this craft so enjoyable! I hope you can learn from us and we can learn from you.

BTW, your work is beautiful!

HeatherQuilts 09-03-2010 06:01 AM

Welcome to the board from Minnesota! We are glad to have you! I know what you mean about being on the "young end" I am 30, but look younger (so I've been told!! :lol: :lol: ) so I get those looks a lot.... "YOU quilt???" along with the strange looks! I also stay at home with my kids! Trying to find time to quilt is hard!
Anyways, welcome, glad you found us!!

retired2pa 09-03-2010 06:10 AM

Welcome from NW PA!! No matter what your skill level, you will always learn something here. This is such a great Board and I have gotten some wonderful information or suggestions from the members. We all started out as beginners so don't feel like we don't know how you feel. Just jump right in and ask as many questions as you want. Happy sewing :)

Ada Shiela 09-03-2010 03:53 PM

Hello Greenfairy
I crossed the world 34 years ago with my two older children leaving all my family behind in UK - it was easier for me than most people embarking on new lives because I grew up alone since age 14. I have never looked back, work alone from home but hope I have lots of friends here - the internet has opened up the world for us and we can travel as far as we like and make friends everywhere.

Welcome to our world :lol:

hulahoop1 09-03-2010 05:07 PM

Aloha GreenFairy!

I've looked at your website and Youtube postings and I think we could certainly learn alot from you. Your work is exquisite!

I quilt alone, too (sort of). I'm in Honolulu and my aunt is in Missoula, MT. We often set up our computers in the sewing rooms and visit/sew via Skype. There's often a lot of giggling back and forth. This Board is fabulous. Come on in and join the fun!