Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I quilt alone!!!

I found this site wanting to get to know other quilters, even though some people may consider me a professional, I don't feel I am and I would love to learn more from all of you. I sit at home and watch the kids and try to run a business at night. I truly am looking to expand my knowledge of the quilting world and would love any help I can get. This is as close as I get when it comes to quilting-talk because my kids just don't get it and I don't have anyone else that I can quilt with because I seem to be on the young end and no one takes me seriously. I moved away from my Mom and my whole family and it gets slightly lonely sometimes, so I hope I can be welcome here on this message board.

Blog Entries
    This is a fantastic place to talk about quilting. I'm quiet on the board, but I do learn a lot from what everyone is doing.

I'm glad lad you joined in with the rest of us.

Thank you so much!

Blog Entries
    Hello Greenfairy. I'm not a pro by any means but I don't let that stop me. :D I show off my sewing to anyone that will look at it. There are quiet a few very talented quilters here and I have learned a lot from the board. Check out the pictures and the resource pages. And there are some great tutorials posted here. I have found great ideas from quilting blogs too. Quilters make great bloggers, we always seem to have something to say.

Hi from Florida! If you have any questions this is the place to be!

You are welcome from Roscoe, Illinois!

Greenfairy, there are other quilters on this board that are "professional" (and I am most certainly not one of them :roll: , but I love to come to this site to get ideas, suggestions and a few laughs.

Welcome from Colorado....no matter how youngish or oldish you are :lol:

Blog Entries
    I think you will find a wide variety of quilters here...from newbies to experienced professionals. We are like an extended quilting family, helpful, supportive and sharing. Something new to learn here every day. Quite a few of us have no one close who is into quilting, understands our passion, so we congregate here. We talk quilting, kids, life, joke, laugh, kinda like what you would do in an old fashioned quilting bee :D :D :D

Hello, and Welcome from Missouri. This is a great place to get to know others. Lots of friends here! :lol:

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Welcome from Louisiana greenfairy. I am fairly new to this board and love it as I am sure you will. Enjoy!!

I'm like you -- away from family, just learning to quilt -- except I'm a gramma and don't have children at home! This is the BEST quilting forum I've found with the nicest people you'll ever "meet". Welcome aboard!

Sorry that you had to move away from your mom and other family -- but around here, you'll have lots of friends and we treat each other pretty much like "family"!! So now you have lots of sisters and a few brothers to talk to about quilting.... :wink:

We are so glad to have you here. It's just one big quilting family here. Welcome.

Welcome from Idaho.....I'm far away from family too. My eldest 2 children live on the East Coast, my parents in the Mid West and we're over here on the West side. So we're pretty strung out as far as distance goes. I'm the only one who has kept up the crafting, sewing, etc. Just recently I started quilting.. or I should say my take on quilting. I'm still learning so much. Being here on this wonderful forum you'll learn so very much. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here.

Welcome from Southeast Ga I am a newbie to you will be suprized and pleased with all of the knowledge and kindness shown here.

Welcome aboard. I am new here as well, and have found this site to be very helpful. I am a self-taught quilter so am not professional by any means and am not even that good. I really enjoy this site and can hardly wait to come here several times a day and read up on what everyone is up to. Oh, and by the way, I am from Canada.

All quilters at all levels is welcome here!:0)So, 'welcome'! I had to chuckle when you said you felt you weren't taken seriously since you were younger.....I use to think that too...and, you will realize as you get older,the ones that didn't,were just plain idiots...for they will be the same as you get older...you will just be wiser and not care:)LOL Come join us in chat some night when the kids are asleep:)Skeat

Welcome from Alaska! :D

Hello and welcome from Ohio you are not alone when you are here by no means.
    Darlene

This is a wonderful place to talk quilts. Every is helpful and you will enjoy every minute. There is lots o help and advise here, and the learning never stops.
    Welcome.

Hello Greenfairy and welcome. I haven't been a member for long, just over a week I think. But the ladies on this board are wonderful :) Lots of different things going on and most importantly... lots of support and fun.
    Hope to see you around
    Jacqui

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    Welcome from Idaho.....I'm far away from family too. My eldest 2 children live on the East Coast, my parents in the Mid West and we're over here on the West side. So we're pretty strung out as far as distance goes. I'm the only one who has kept up the crafting, sewing, etc. Just recently I started quilting.. or I should say my take on quilting. I'm still learning so much. Being here on this wonderful forum you'll learn so very much. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here.
    I love your avatar picture. Is that your own design or a pattern? I would love to know where to get the pattern.

Hi Judy, welcome to the board from a very hot sunny Spain.

Ask away we love to help and there is always someone here with a tip to help.

Elle

Hi and welcome from another lone quilting from Michigan! I am not a lone quilter anymore and neither are you since you found this board! Now I spend as much time on here as I do at my machine! Everyone loves pictures. This site is full of positive energy!!!

Banned
    I too am a lone quilter. And I've made ALOT of friends here whom I've come to love as I'm sure you will too. I'm by no means a pro , but I love showing my stuff and enjoy seeing others. Welcome to our FAMILY
    Waving from Washington State :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast