Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I quilt alone!!!

Hey Maw, I'm from Loreauville, a village in Iberia Parish. Nice to meet cha.

Welcome from western NY state. Lucky you to have found this newsletter. I am an older quilter and am amazed how much I learn from young quilters. Sometimes we 'oldsters' get in a rut and need a youthful push. I know that you will enjoy this site as much as I do. I look forward to each and every newsletter. Lots of info and funny comments.

Welcome! I am no expert and certainly learn a lot from this site. The friendliest! Nobocy is "uppity" as in some guilds. It's great for inspiration and encouragement.

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from W. Tenn! You can't be alone...you found us! From the looks of your avatar, I'm soooo glad you are here..now what do we want to learn from you??? Looks like you have lots to share...can we start with pics of some of your quilts? We love to look at pics!!! We're really glad to meet you!

I thought I had already welcomed you but I don't see my post. So.... Welcome to the board from Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by trolley station
    Welcome from western NY state. Lucky you to have found this newsletter. I am an older quilter and am amazed how much I learn from young quilters. Sometimes we 'oldsters' get in a rut and need a youthful push. I know that you will enjoy this site as much as I do. I look forward to each and every newsletter. Lots of info and funny comments.
    Trolly Station, I just love your name. Yep, I'm older too. And still a beginner and always will be. There is no way I can learn all that you people have to offer. How does the old saying go? "The faster I go, the behinder I get." There's so much to learn and so many beautiful quilts to make.

Welcome from N. California. This is a great place for learning and sharing and making friends. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Looking at your avatar makes me think you will be a help to all of us... please post some pictures of your quilts... especially the one in your avatar. It looks spectacular!

Welcome Greenfairy from Newfoundland, Canada.

There are many levels of quilters here from all walks of life, but we all have one very big thing in common... no matter the experience level we are all ADDICTED to fabrics, patterns, quilts and anything sewing!!! We love to see what everyone is working on and we are always there to encourage and support one another in all we do!

Quiltingly Yours
    Andrea

I mostly quilt alone also. Much easier than packing everything up and going somewhere to unpack, sew awhile and pack everything back up and come home.

Gayle, I see you are in Camarillo, CA. I'm from Ojai.

Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by guehlein
    I mostly quilt alone also. Much easier than packing everything up and going somewhere to unpack, sew awhile and pack everything back up and come home.
    You're right about hauling things back and forth, but when I work along side others, I'm inspired to continue. I also learn so much from others. It's fun to piggy-back on someone else's ideas.

Hi green fairy.

All my brothers and sisters and other relatives live far away, too. I just missed a 50th wedding anniversary weekend because of that. But I made a cute baby cuddle quilt yesterday...inspired by someone on this board who found the kits at Joann's and posted a picture!!!!

You are right - it is fun to piggy back and also get ideas on colors etc from others - the inspiration is something else - it just takes so much energy to go somewhere to sew it seems I spend so much time packing and unpacking.

Gloria

rak

Oh, but, if you start early and sew late it is soooooo worth it. We start about 9:00 AM and continue until 3:30 or 4:00 PM. You can't believe how much sewing you get done. Besides you are never lonely there.

My suggestion is if you are lonely, find someone to sew with. One other person is so enjoyable. They are out there.

RAK

I'm noticing a lot of our quilter friends who haven't posted for a while responded to this one. What a wonderful thread that would inspire that. Thanks.

How wonderful you found us :)!! I am not much of a quilter...but I try...and I am learning sooo much from this site.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

Margie

GailG... Who is the little angel in your avatar??

I don't quilt alone!!!
    I have all the wonderful people on this board!!!
    Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by gramadona
    GailG... Who is the little angel in your avatar??
    That's Emma who is now 5. This was taken at Christmas 2 years. She was very intently opeing a package. Yes, she is an angel.

I'm new too, but already have had my inspiration topped up...a million ideas...and queries answered. What a great place this is, such a lot of kindness, talent and artistry. Have you noticed how humble quilters are about their beautiful creations?...In no other creative endeavour will you find such modesty.

I thought I quilted alone....but now I don't, thanks to this group. I live in Australia, so hello from the land of Aus.

Hello and Welcome Earthwalker - this is definitely such a fun group and there is just so much talent it is amazing. Love to see the quilts everyone makes - wish I had more time - I will just never be able to make all the quilts I have on my list and that list grows every day.

Gloria in Utah

Welcome Earthwalker from California. This board is full of great quilters who are friendly and willing to share tips and info. I'm a new quilter and have learned lots from them. Happy quilting.

Welcome Earthwalker from California. This board is full of great quilters who are friendly and willing to share tips and info. I'm a new quilter and have learned lots from them. Happy quilting.
    Where is Suisun? I lived in Orange County CA for 25 years.

Never heard of it either and I was born and raised in Southern California.

Gloria who currently lives in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
    Where is Suisun? I lived in Orange County CA for 25 years.
    Suisun is a little town on the Delta with the Grizzly Island Game Reserve and Bird Sanctuary that runs right into the downtown marina. We are 4 miles E of of I-80 midway between San Francisco and Sacramento in an agricultural area including quite a few newer wineries. The fresh produce here is fabulous!
    When I bought my house in 1977 Suisun had a population of 7,000 and now it has grown to a whopping 25,000!
    At one time it was heavily populated with Native Americans, Patwins and other tribes, and a friend who grew up here says that, as kids, they used to find arrowheads and pottery and baskets in and near the many creeks that criss-cross the area.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast