Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I quilt alone!!!

Welcome to the board. None of my friends I hang out with sew or quilt so I understand.

If you have time, try taking some classes at you local quilt store or join a guild, I did and it sure helps!

This is the best place on the net in my opinion and everyone here is so nice and helpful and caring.

Also, check out your local quilt guild (you have one!) go to: http://www.quiltguilds.com/utah.htm :D

Funny, when I read the title of this thread I put it to the George Thorogood song - I drink alone, I just substituted quilt for drink. Well, I got a chuckle out of it. :?

Anyway, welcome to our forum!

Nancy, I thought of George Thorogood's song, too, when I saw the title. What does that say about us?! :lol: Anyway, I quilt alone, too, I'm a loner. However, when I drink, which is seldom, I drink with family.
    Greenfairy, I've learned that being a member of this board means you're never alone. There's always someone to help you with anything and everything. Even though I don't post much, I check it every day.

Judi,
    Welcome from Maryland. I am technically a "professional" quilter since I have been paid to hand quilt for other people. I don't consider myself any kind of expert. I began quilting when I was 16 or so. I didn't actually meet another quilter until at least ten years later. I actually had the nerve or stupididty to enter a quilt in the quilt contest for the 100th birthday of the Statue of Liberty. My husband was kind enough to take me to New York to see the exhibit. I was blown away. I had never seen such work. I was embarassed that I actually had the nerve to send them photos of my work. I had never taken a class before then. I still take few classes and am basically self taught. I do now belong to two guilds. I don't usually enter any kind of competions because as long as I am happy with my work other people's thoughts on my work can't bother me. I make a lot of chairity quilts just to use up some of my enormous stash. It gives me the opportunity to make something from fabrics I really didn't need to purchase. My greatest claim to fame is that I usually finish what I start. I have lots of fabrics waiting for a project but no UFOs.

not only can you be welcome,...you already are...those other boards out there...they're ok, but ordinary...us??? we are the super-heroes of the
    quilting boards...so many varied personalities, and projects, your sure to love something, and we love everything :wink:

Welcome from South Louisiana. I've been a beginner since 1995. I have learned sooooo much from the great people on this board. They're even teaching me computer skills.

Hey Where are you living

Hi greenfairy. Welcome from me in West Georgia. This QB is a marvelous addition to my quilting addiction. Since I have a low boredom threshold, I never thought I'd like making quilts ... too monotonous, I thought. Boy, was I wrong! When I retired and had no more need to make garments to wear to the office, I got hooked on quilting. I look forward to all the good stuff to see and read on this QB. I'm sure you'll enjoy, too!

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from MA.

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh have YOU come to the RIGHT place!! WELCOME!!!
    Try all the sections here--chit chat, too!! :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysjc
    Hey Where are you living
    Since your post followed my post, I assume you are asking me? I'm in a very small town in Iberia Parish....Loreauville.

where do you live

wELCOME GREEN FAIRY..

I AM\
    M HAPPY YOU ARE NO LONGER ALONE. You will enjoy this board and lEARN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. i KNOW i DO.

Margie from Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Welcome Judi. I think you'll like it here. When you see the yellow box pop up saying Live Chat, click on it - we have lots of fun there talking about EVERYTHING you can think about - sometimes even about quilts!

greenfairy ... Hi from Oregon! ALthough I have family and friends here, none of them quilt!! I was really happy to find this forum as well. I have already learned a LOT in a few short days. It's a great place to be.

We do have one quilt shop/fabric store 17 miles away...but I am not a social butterfly and shy away from group activities.

HI and welcome from Boston, Massachusettes. I am by no means a "professional" I love quilting and all the folks on this list are awesome. If you have AIM please feel free to add me as a buddy my AIM id is chintzhunter.

Lisa

I quilt alone too. All my neighbors and friends are so much younger than me and have no time or interest for quilting. Friends here are great and so helpful. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Where are you from? Utah here!

Maw

Hi CajunQuilter2, I to am from Louisiana, near Hammond. I quilt alone too.

Hello. I was considered to on the young side in the last group that I was with. But I do not feel young sometimes. (55).

You are not alone when you are here. Even though we live around the entire planet, we are close. When you go into the chat room you feel like you are really talking to other people.

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy
    I found this site wanting to get to know other quilters, even though some people may consider me a professional, I don't feel I am and I would love to learn more from all of you. I sit at home and watch the kids and try to run a business at night. I truly am looking to expand my knowledge of the quilting world and would love any help I can get. This is as close as I get when it comes to quilting-talk because my kids just don't get it and I don't have anyone else that I can quilt with because I seem to be on the young end and no one takes me seriously. I moved away from my Mom and my whole family and it gets slightly lonely sometimes, so I hope I can be welcome here on this message board.
    Judy:
    Welcome from Argentina. Yes Argentina!! I am a New York girl (probably old enough to be your mother ) retired here with my DH. And you think you have no one to quilt with or talk quilting to.
    I am glad I found this forum. There are quilters from all over the world, with different levels of expertise. I am a new quilter, only been quilting a couple of years. The forum is great and I have met some really wonderful people here. There is even a quilting chat room if you want to talk live with some of the members.
    Again, WELCOME, and don't be shy, none of us are.

You found the right place for question and answers and give your points on quilting this is a great site.

Judi, you are really in the right place, here on this forum. The folks on here are just wonderful.

I learned a ton when I first started just by taking a few days to read through old posts. There is soooo much info shared on this site.

And, everyone seems to be welcome here!

Blog Entries
    If your avitar is typical of your work we could learn from you. It's nice to have a place to bounce questions or show off your work. Welcome!!

rak

I hardly quilt alone. There are about 10 of us that sew together at the local Moose lodge each Monday from 9:30 to around 3:30 PM. You should go to your local quilt guild and invite someone to sew with you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast