Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I quilt alone!!!

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by gramadona
    GailG... Who is the little angel in your avatar??
    That's Emma who is now 5. This was taken at Christmas 2 years. She was very intently opeing a package. Yes, she is an angel.
    Gail what a cutie she is. Love that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
    Welcome Earthwalker from California. This board is full of great quilters who are friendly and willing to share tips and info. I'm a new quilter and have learned lots from them. Happy quilting.
    Where is Suisun? I lived in Orange County CA for 25 years.
    Suisun is a little town on the Delta with the Grizzly Island Game Reserve and Bird Sanctuary that runs right into the downtown marina. We are 4 miles E of of I-80 midway between San Francisco and Sacramento in an agricultural area including quite a few newer wineries. The fresh produce here is fabulous!
    When I bought my house in 1977 Suisun had a population of 7,000 and now it has grown to a whopping 25,000!
    At one time it was heavily populated with Native Americans, Patwins and other tribes, and a friend who grew up here says that, as kids, they used to find arrowheads and pottery and baskets in and near the many creeks that criss-cross the area.
    It sounds wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I think you will find a wide variety of quilters here...from newbies to experienced professionals. We are like an extended quilting family, helpful, supportive and sharing. Something new to learn here every day. Quite a few of us have no one close who is into quilting, understands our passion, so we congregate here. We talk quilting, kids, life, joke, laugh, kinda like what you would do in an old fashioned quilting bee :D :D :D
    and the best part is...no one notices when you doze off...zzzz
    ...oh, but you probably don't have that problemzzzzzzz...........

i wish I lived near you-I would love a quilting buddy with your talent

Welcome from a Montana gal. This group is more than terrific. I love learning and seeing all the beautiful quilts that are made. Fun fun fun!

Blog Entries
    a warm welcome from western KY, the gal I have been learning a lot from must be 40 some years younger than me! never too old or young to learn some thing new, :-)

Welcome from Oklahoma!
    We are like family here and we even tease you like family :D

Greenfairy..welcome to the 'board from Southern Ontario, Canada. This is the best place on the whole 'net for a quilter to be whether a beginner or professional. The only problem with this site is that it is sew addictive. I (and many others) spend hours on here when we have other things to do. Oh well!!! So many quilts, so little time. Have fun Greenfairy and we are looking forward to seeing lots of your projects.

Greenfairy-I've seen your work and you are clearly a professional, regardless of your age. Your work is first class-don't underestimate yourself.

Welcome from Texas, I also have seen your work and it is so Beautiful, so yes you are pro in my eyes, and it doesn't matter if your young are older, we all need someone to talk with about our passion of Quilting and you will find lots of that here :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy
    I found this site wanting to get to know other quilters, even though some people may consider me a professional, I don't feel I am and I would love to learn more from all of you. I sit at home and watch the kids and try to run a business at night. I truly am looking to expand my knowledge of the quilting world and would love any help I can get. This is as close as I get when it comes to quilting-talk because my kids just don't get it and I don't have anyone else that I can quilt with because I seem to be on the young end and no one takes me seriously. I moved away from my Mom and my whole family and it gets slightly lonely sometimes, so I hope I can be welcome here on this message board.
    Hi Greenfairy like you I tend to quilt alone!! but this site is brilliant with lots of helpful tips and very friendly people I keep learning lots of new things even how to work my computer!! and I think every one will make you more than welcome - and thats a BIG welcome from me in the UK x

Blog Entries
    You will never be lonely here. And you can talk about quilts all day long and we won't get tired of it. I guarantee it.

Hello Judi,
    I am definitely not a pro..I, love to learn new ideas and teqniques..and Love to quilt my quilts..it's all a learning process..You do Amazing work with your long arm..I know it's practice, practice practice..Glad to Have you here...and all the others that come here and give advice, show there work and just be themselves...Quilters....Hugs Bev

Hi from Australia - I quilt alone, with others and spend way too much time here reading and learning.

Welcome! I think your gonna like it here! Everyone is very friendly and eager to pass on what they know. Warning!!! This site is addicting! lol

Grrenfairy-Hello, and welcome from WA state! :) You have found a great place to chat with other like-minded folks, and we have fun! Glad you have joined us!

Hi GreenFairy - Welcome! You'll learn so much from this board! I don't post that often but I'm constantly "lurking" and learning so much. These quilters are amazing!

Welcome. I like to tour the board too. I've learned some new things and I love to see what others have accomplished. It's inspiring. :-)

I quilt alone, too! I live out in the country and there just aren't many quilters in the area. I just recently joined a group about 20 miles from me that meets once a month...that helps..but there is really no one close to confer or visit with that quilts. I'm active on two boards that give me an opportunity to ask questions and show my work. Although I have quilted for others, I don't consider myself a professional. Most of my quilts end up as gifts!

There's nothing like being around other quilters to stimulate your creativity and inspire you to be the best that you can be. We all have things to learn (I've got a lot to learn!) and learning is what makes this craft so enjoyable! I hope you can learn from us and we can learn from you.

BTW, your work is beautiful!

Welcome to the board from Minnesota! We are glad to have you! I know what you mean about being on the "young end" I am 30, but look younger (so I've been told!! :lol: :lol: ) so I get those looks a lot.... "YOU quilt???" along with the strange looks! I also stay at home with my kids! Trying to find time to quilt is hard!
    Anyways, welcome, glad you found us!!

Welcome from NW PA!! No matter what your skill level, you will always learn something here. This is such a great Board and I have gotten some wonderful information or suggestions from the members. We all started out as beginners so don't feel like we don't know how you feel. Just jump right in and ask as many questions as you want. Happy sewing :)

Hello Greenfairy
    I crossed the world 34 years ago with my two older children leaving all my family behind in UK - it was easier for me than most people embarking on new lives because I grew up alone since age 14. I have never looked back, work alone from home but hope I have lots of friends here - the internet has opened up the world for us and we can travel as far as we like and make friends everywhere.

Welcome to our world :lol:

Blog Entries
    Aloha GreenFairy!

I've looked at your website and Youtube postings and I think we could certainly learn alot from you. Your work is exquisite!

I quilt alone, too (sort of). I'm in Honolulu and my aunt is in Missoula, MT. We often set up our computers in the sewing rooms and visit/sew via Skype. There's often a lot of giggling back and forth. This Board is fabulous. Come on in and join the fun!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4