Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I shopped Tuesday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-shopped-tuesday-t301115.html)

Grannies G 11-23-2018 02:56 PM

I shopped Tuesday

Hubby and I shopped on Tuesday and it was plenty busy but since it is only us we are done. So Wednesday I got out a really old ufo, finished some appliqué on one block. Thursday added three blocks to the top decided on borders and cooked a little. Today I finished adding borders and did my first board basting. Now I’m ready to give my new to me Sweet Sixteen a drive.

So what’s under your needle this weekend.

Patricia Drew 11-23-2018 03:40 PM

That was a pretty busy week! Keep us posted about the Sweet Sixteen!

I'm finishing off Christmas ornaments and aprons as gifts. Looking forward to getting back to my own projects.

PamelaOry 11-23-2018 03:57 PM

We went out and also did some online Christmas shopping today. The accuquilt cutter I’ve been eyeing went on sale today so we picked that up (yay!). I’ve been in the sewing room off and on getting set up and working on a mondo bag I’m almost done with.

Doggramma 11-23-2018 04:17 PM

I'm ripping out some quilting. It's so tedious, but I think another 1/2 hour should do it. I knew it didn't look that good, but I kept quilting instead of stopping. I should've used rulers instead of winging it. Then hopefully I can get back to the quilting.

Rhonda K 11-23-2018 04:17 PM

Finished a quilt top and the backing is ready. It will go to the quilter next week. Started a machine embroidery table runner. The count down is on.

Boston1954 11-23-2018 04:34 PM

I am working on a Christmas wall hanging. It has three large blocks featuring snowmen. The top is done and has been pinned. I am hand quilting it. It took a while to get up the nerve to put the machine applique in a hoop. I was worried that it might "hurt" it. Have done several areas and it isn't crushed so my blood pressure is going down. ha ha.

quiltingshorttimer 11-23-2018 08:12 PM

have a lap quilt mostly pieced on the design wall that I intend to finish when Son's family leaves tomorrow evening (probably won't get it done until Sunday) and then next week when we go to the city I plan to get minky for it and 2 other lap quilts and get them done for Christmas. Also need to get 2 wall hangings done for sibs for Christmas. haven't touched anything fabric related since Wed. afternoon as son's family in town and we've been very busy with g-boys--another full day tomorrow and then they head home after dinner (avoiding a major storm on Sunday).

lindaschipper 11-24-2018 04:06 AM

I'm still working on a much needed purge of the sewing room and closet. The closet is a tiny under the staircase one and is only 65' x 44, so I pulled everything out and added shelving units in an L shape.....I now have 3 shelves of bed size batting, and a tote full of medium sized leftover that can be used for table runners/mats. I can fit another two laundry hampers of my fabric strips left over from other projects. Also found a few UFO's! Last week I purged fabric and sold some off on Facebook along with patterns and quilt books. At least now I know what I have and won't over buy stuff that isn't needed. Maybe next week I can start sewing again!!

jmoore 11-24-2018 04:10 AM

DH and I are visiting his brother and sister in law in Ohio for Thanksgiving so I have a crochet project with me. We hiked yesterday to work off the pies from Thursday.

Karamarie 11-24-2018 05:29 AM

Put my home back in order after Thanksgiving. Yesterday I did my Xmas decorating. No cooking as have leftovers for the weekend. Today finish decorating and then finish a bag I am making. Will start my shopping next week when places are not so busy. Just cannot deal anymore with hundreds of people rushing around in a frenzy. To each his own.