Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I stand corrected... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-stand-corrected-t110896.html)

Lucy90 03-27-2011 05:06 PM

You handled it ok. I know a few people like that & sometimes I can tolerate it & sometimes no.

Alondra 03-27-2011 05:23 PM

You are the soul of discretion. :) Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks?

kit'smamma 03-27-2011 05:38 PM

Please have sympathy for me. I have a brother who knows everything about everything and does not hesitate to explain anything to you in great detail. When I "butt in" to tell him I've known that since I was ten years old he scolds me tells me to let him finish. ARRRRGH He once went into interminable detail explaining to me that when buying shoes I should remember that the number refers to the length and the letter refers to the width. We are both in our 70s and it never occured to him that I might have figured that our several years ago. Lord, give me patience.

olebat 03-27-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Sashing is also called lattice...that may have been what she was thinking of.

There are times when I slip into old, or seldom used expressions. I used the term lattice at guild just last week, and no one knew what I meant. I repeated it a couple of times before I could even think of sashing. Then, of course every one knew. Remember cloth stores, or piece goods - how about yard goods? Now they are all fabric stores. Times change, but my grey matter doesn't keep up.

annette1952 03-27-2011 06:25 PM

I think you have alot more patience than I do! LOL

C.Cal Quilt Girl 03-27-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by gale
If she was thinking satin, she must have been thinking of a sash on a fancy dress or something. Totally different. lol

On another note, when I put in the word sashing, my spell check says it's not a word.

How can it not be a word..... "muffin top" is now a word :-D :-D :-D :-D

sewbizgirl 03-27-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
Please have sympathy for me. I have a brother who knows everything about everything and does not hesitate to explain anything to you in great detail. When I "butt in" to tell him I've known that since I was ten years old he scolds me tells me to let him finish. ARRRRGH He once went into interminable detail explaining to me that when buying shoes I should remember that the number refers to the length and the letter refers to the width. We are both in our 70s and it never occured to him that I might have figured that our several years ago. Lord, give me patience.

This is when losing one's hearing can be a blessing... Or just let your thoughts wander and think about something more important. That's my little "mental rebellion" to having to listen to idiots.

sewbizgirl 03-27-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by olebat

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Sashing is also called lattice...that may have been what she was thinking of.

There are times when I slip into old, or seldom used expressions. I used the term lattice at guild just last week, and no one knew what I meant. I repeated it a couple of times before I could even think of sashing. Then, of course every one knew. Remember cloth stores, or piece goods - how about yard goods? Now they are all fabric stores. Times change, but my grey matter doesn't keep up.

No kidding... I keep embarrassing myself by refering to my IPod as my "Walkman". 80's much? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C.Cal Quilt Girl 03-27-2011 07:03 PM

Thanks for starting the topic.... and the amusing stories from others.
Duck tape :)
Also liked the "can we call it this today?"

You handled both situations well, Happy Quilting !!

Pattyjo7686 03-27-2011 07:23 PM

I like it when it happens to other people and not me.. Sorry