Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I stand corrected... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-stand-corrected-t110896.html)

quiltpd 03-26-2011 06:04 PM

Duct tape, duct tape, duct tape ! It even comes in olors now. LOL

isnthatodd 03-26-2011 06:11 PM

I work with a lady like that, and to keep my blood pressure under control I have learned to just smile and let it go. It won't do any good to argue (like talking to a stump). Just tell yourself this is the only way she knows how to carry on a conversation.

gale 03-26-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by rebeccalr
Okay ladies and gents, since I was just chastised in a PM for my intolerance, let me straighten this out. I don't give a flip what someone calls the strip of material that is sewn between the 'parts' of a quilt. My point was that even though she wasn't sure what it was called, she was determined that it WASN'T sashing. I thought my point was apparent, but apparently it wasn't. (should I put a big smiley here or something?)

Are you serious? Wow. I can't even think of anything (nice) to say about that.

justlooking 03-27-2011 03:22 AM

Just say "OK" and Smile. My GD always used the word "Whatever" We even found a shirt with that on.

ProudGranny5 03-27-2011 03:30 AM

Think you handled it very well :P
Now let it roll off your back & on to the floor!
Have a Great Day! :) :P :)

quiltmaker 03-27-2011 03:50 AM

Okay ladies and gents, since I was just chastised in a PM for my intolerance, let me straighten this out. I don't give a flip what someone calls the strip of material that is sewn between the 'parts' of a quilt. My point was that even though she wasn't sure what it was called, she was determined that it WASN'T sashing. I thought my point was apparent, but apparently it wasn't. (should I put a big smiley here or something?)

OMG, I feel awful for you. I thought PM's were to help each other, ask questions for something that person wanted advice on. Or rather just a nice way of conversation between people. I too have received one and only one of those and could not believe it. Please let it go...obviously that person has problems that go way beyond your topic.

Your topic was fine and believe me we all know people like that and do our very best in trying to deal with them. Most if not all of us agree that you handled the matter the best way possible at the moment. Personally, I think you had a lot of patience with that woman and am always amazed these types of things seem to happen a lot within church groups trying to do good for others....now before I also get into trouble I'm not saying always but there are certainly more in those settings than I personally feel should ever be in that environment.

kaykwilts 03-27-2011 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter

Well, then I guess you need to forward that PM to me cuz I'm real intolerant of know-it-alls who know nothing! :wink: And BTW, I've always been taught it was sashing...called that in every quilting book I own!

omg....I just love you

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noveltyjunkie 03-27-2011 04:03 AM

Wow- someone sent you a PM because you posted about how you did NOT lose your cool when confronted with someone who was behaving in a very irritating manner? Really?

Well my take on this is that you did very well indeed. You are not denying your (totally understandable) feelings about this person's behaviour. You did not hurt her feelings by telling her that she was being a silly know-all, or even try to put her down with some sharp remark highlighting that you know more about quilting than she does. Instead you chose to stay cool on the outside and let out your feelings (and see the humour in the situation) with fellow quilters on an anonymous board. That sounds to me like a very healthy way to deal with it. Well done. I am firm believer in seeing the ridiculous in these situations!

ccthomas 03-27-2011 04:23 AM

Sounds like one of those "Do you have to be right? statements. In the scheme of things it just does matter. It wouldn't be worth the time to argue with her. I would just have said, I am sure you are rigt! And zipped away from her in a hurry and found someone else more agreeable in the group.

kaykwilts 03-27-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Wow- someone sent you a PM because you posted about how you did NOT lose your cool when confronted with someone who was behaving in a very irritating manner? Really?

Well my take on this is that you did very well indeed. You are not denying your (totally understandable) feelings about this person's behaviour. You did not hurt her feelings by telling her that she was being a silly know-all, or even try to put her down with some sharp remark highlighting that you know more about quilting than she does. Instead you chose to stay cool on the outside and let out your feelings (and see the humour in the situation) with fellow quilters on an anonymous board. That sounds to me like a very healthy way to deal with it. Well done. I am firm believer in seeing the ridiculous in these situations!

Here, here...you handled the situation beautifully :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: