Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I think I corrupted my big sister ;) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-think-i-corrupted-my-big-sister-%3B-t185083.html)

Ruby the Quilter 04-05-2012 01:14 PM

It was my youngest sister. Got her into quilting -and now she wants an embroidery machine after playing with mine. Think I'm a good influence?

barri1 04-05-2012 01:19 PM

I wish my sister liked sewing.. She is into fabric, but is an interior decorator.. Ughhh.. My sister in law is into sewing when needed.. I've tried to get her into quilting for the last 15 years.. Hasn't happened.. Gave up.. Now I'm going to invite my staff over to pick out squares that I made for crazy quilts, and I'm hoping one of them will want to learn.. I'm willing to set them up with a machine, and a bunch of the preliminary tools.. Wish me luck..
Barri

Christine27 04-05-2012 05:10 PM

It's an epidemic in my family. :) My sis-in-law and I already share a sewing room in her basement so we get to bounce ideas off each other all the time. My big sis has always sewn clothes, crafts, kids' costumes, and now she's getting into quilting. We went to Joanns after work today and bought fabric for my big sis's youngest daughter to make a quilt. Tomorrow I'm off work so we're going to spend the day in the sewing basement and see how far we can get before my big sis and her girls go home on Saturday.

21quilter 04-05-2012 06:44 PM

I got my cousin into my tangled web (er.....I mean) my love for quilting. She has gone into overdrive with it. It really helped her cope with the first few years of being an empty nester. Now she has an adorable new grandson to quilt for.

karenpatrick 04-06-2012 03:59 AM

Pat yourself on the back. That's one more!!

bunbytes 04-06-2012 05:38 AM

Ain't is a grand addiction!

annthreecats 04-06-2012 05:49 AM

Awww, I wish I had a sister. My brothers and their wives live so far away, we only get together once every couple of years for our reunion. I am teaching my daughter to sew and quilt. I'm trying to teach her to knit and crochet, but she's having a hard time with the hook, needles and yarn.

quiltmau 04-06-2012 05:59 AM

girl friend and her friend Vivian at SouthWest Decorative's called it 'going to the dark side'. After many years of buying her fabric to quilt for me-she shipped it all back to me and said I was on my own. I now have a sewing room, a nice machine and more fabric than I will ever use. My DH spoils me.

BarbaraSue 04-06-2012 08:00 AM

I will have the opportunity to bring into the addiciton two more. My niece and her friend want to learn to quilt. My DD and I are hosting a weekend "sew-in" quilt class for them this month. Can't wait. Being around a newbie is so exciting. They have such enthusiasm. Made me think about why I love this craft so much, and what I wanted to know in the early months of trying it out.
My DS hated sewing. She liked needle work, and embroidery by hand, but not sewing. Won't be getting her into it anytime soon.

QandE2010 04-06-2012 04:13 PM

I have 3 sisters. Our mother was a prolific quilted. She passed her love of quilting down to me and my oldest sister. Sure wish we lived closer. (It's 1000 to her home from mine.) We do talk and discuss quilting every day. My other 2 sisters have no desire to quilt. Odd how that happens, huh?